• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the law on shipping a....

From what I understand you can through ups or FedEx but they require a handgun be overnighted which is expensive. If you just didn't tell them it was a handgun and shipped it ground I don't believe you would be breaking any laws but you run the risk of completely loosing out if it's damaged lost or stolen.

From what I understand you can through ups or FedEx but they require a handgun be overnighted which is expensive. If you just didn't tell them it was a handgun and shipped it ground I don't believe you would be breaking any laws but you run the risk of completely loosing out if it's damaged lost or stolen.

Let this be a lesson to you, never take FatAlberts advice.

You can ship it straight to someone's door as long as you are both in Georgia. No FFL is required.

You will have to use UPS or FedEx as a handgun is not allowed by the postal service.
This is true, but a conversation with the ATF in Atlanta said you are still responsible to get the weapon to whom it is intended and legal to sell to.

You can tell me how it's not your responsibility, but it won't be me who you have to explain. I'm on this side of he argument, but you might have to explain to them. Be sure you know, and I mean know, who you are shipping too.

This is true, but a conversation with the ATF in Atlanta said you are still responsible to get the weapon to whom it is intended and legal to sell to.

You can tell me how it's not your responsibility, but it won't be me who you have to explain. I'm on this side of he argument, but you might have to explain to them. Be sure you know, and I mean know, who you are shipping too.
I'm not following you. Why would I tell you it's not my responsibility?

Without a face-to-face meeting, how do you know you're selling to an adult?
14 year old boys sometimes try to buy guns online, in private party sales.
Without checking the buyer's ID, how do you know the buyer is actually a resident of GA?
How do you know he's not a resident of New York, and his college roommate who lives in GA is allowing him to use his GA address for this purpose?

Back
Top Bottom