• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the legal window tint?

Most tint is named after the percentage...ie, Solarguard 35 would be 35 percent. But this isn't always the case. I forget what tint I got but I could have got XYZ-28, because this brand 28 is actually 32 percent. Instead I got XYZ-35 because I thought that was as dark as I could go legally.

32% is legal, 35% is what you will find in most tint shops due to the fact they allow for the natural variance in the glass, 20% is what 95% of people run and 15% will get you hassled on the regular.
Yup. Some factory glass already has some UV tint to it, so going 35% usually puts it right where it needs to be to not get a ticket. I have put 32% on everything I have gotten and have only been stopped once. As much as I like the look of darker tint, not seeing out the rear windows at night would suck really bad when you are in the middle of nowhere with no street lights, like where I kinda live now.

I have what is considered legal tint on mine and have had on every car/truck for years. Never been pulled over.
:thumb:

IMG_0250.JPG
I ran 5% on my old Tahoe...

Ro
Yup. Some factory glass already has some UV tint to it, so going 35% usually puts it right where it needs to be to not get a ticket. I have put 32% on everything I have gotten and have only been stopped once. As much as I like the look of darker tint, not seeing out the rear windows at night would suck really bad when you are in the middle of nowhere with no street lights, like where I kinda live now.

:thumb:
Rolling down the windows every time you have to back up at night certainly does suck. I typically go 20% on my fronts and limo in the back.

mine are at 5% front and 2% rears on all my SUV's and trucks. that being said i have been pulled over for tint violation once, but a quick look at the squad car his was as dark if not darker. Simply asked him why they would be enforcing a law that they themselves would not abide by. Handed me back my info and told me to have a nice day.

32% is legal, 35% is what you will find in most tint shops due to the fact they allow for the natural variance in the glass, 20% is what 95% of people run and 15% will get you hassled on the regular.
I run 5 percent limo all around - never gotten pulled over
IMG_3748.JPG

Back
Top Bottom