• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the legal window tint?

Most jurisdictions don't care, they'll typically see if you do anything dumb to really warrant pulling you over and tint is just another excuse to use. Unless its Johns creek, I won't take my cummins 3500 there again, they were measuring my bumper height, how far the wheels were out of the wells everything, granted its a massive dually still ridiculous. Yet all these little rice burners are zipping around with their fart can exhaust, actually driving like idiots.

One thing to consider is the color of your interior. When I got my car tinted the other day, it just so happened that previous car was a pearl white Lexus and I have a pearl white Camry. My tint looked a lot darker due to having a black interior and the Lexus had a tan interior. Exact same tint; but mine looked like it was several shades darker. Its better to upgrade the quality of the tint instead of going a shade darker for heat reflection.

All the back windows can be as dark as you want them. driver and passenger have to be 32% or higher.

the highest i go is 20 from professionals not the walmart DIY stuff its a little too purple. Plenty dark in or out the perfect balance if you ask me. Plus tint lightens with age

my truck was done in 2011 only 1 window tint ticket but my friend was driving so that doesn't count. my 20% read 16% according to him even though he wouldn't show me the proof. they got it not me. but I'm running 100% illegal all the way. my jeep i did limo black-out never got a ticket

My entire front windshield 35%- chevy glass reads out at 32%
driver and passenger 20%
all back windows are stock but thinking about going darker.

i have had 2 LEO's ask about my front windshield being tinted- (i just said i don't think so).

the 3rd leo noticed looking at my vin laughed and thought it was cool............ NEVER A TICKET

By law You are allowed up to an 8" strip from the top coming down
It's illegal but i had mine done 35% just like my firefighter buddy did on his truck man it helps.
they make a 55% & 75% for front windshields. 75 practically clear
I did 55 on mine, almost went lower but 55 still works good on the front windshield, just driving other cars suck, my eyes aren't use to it

I used to do 5% all the way around, but I got tired of getting hassled by Snellville PD. Now I run 15% on the front & windshield strip with a layer of 35% over the factory rear tint. Makes the color match really good and adds some security to the rear factory tinted glass. Never been hassled by the man for having 15%. I also tint my tail lights and have gotten a few "warnings" from cops, but never a ticket.

IMG_7667.JPG

IMG_7669.JPG

Back
Top Bottom