• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the legal window tint?

All the back windows can be as dark as you want them. driver and passenger have to be 32% or higher.

the highest i go is 20 from professionals not the walmart DIY stuff its a little too purple. Plenty dark in or out the perfect balance if you ask me. Plus tint lightens with age

my truck was done in 2011 only 1 window tint ticket but my friend was driving so that doesn't count. my 20% read 16% according to him even though he wouldn't show me the proof. they got it not me. but I'm running 100% illegal all the way. my jeep i did limo black-out never got a ticket

My entire front windshield 35%- chevy glass reads out at 32%
driver and passenger 20%
all back windows are stock but thinking about going darker.

i have had 2 LEO's ask about my front windshield being tinted- (i just said i don't think so).

the 3rd leo noticed looking at my vin laughed and thought it was cool............ NEVER A TICKET

They changed the law about the back glass...that only applies to trucks and SUV's now...passenger cars can only have 32 on the back glass.

IMG_3316.JPG
This is what I want but I think I need the window tint permit to get away with it

my husbands dually was 5% never had any issue, week after he sold it new owner got a ticket

was in town Roberta,ga 3 years ago to meet a potential buyer on my GT, cop pulled up said nice car, then said remove tint or here is $142 ticket, tried to explain about potential buyer, he gave me the ticket, guy bought the GT

when my son was home last weekend he went and got 20% tint on his Fusion, he's crossing his fingers, he saw a solider pulled over the other day on Bragg and cop was making him remove the tint! his Fusion looked like totally different car, went from grandma car to a good looking car! lol

night time and tint gets old real fast

I love the look of tinted headlights and taillights, but man does that seem counter productive... :der:
The headlights aren't tinted, they just have black housings instead of chrome. That's completely legal and is even a factory option with some trim packages. The tail lights look dark, but they still light up red. If you use good led bulbs they're still brighter than the stock lights even with the tint.

The headlights aren't tinted, they just have black housings instead of chrome. That's completely legal and is even a factory option with some trim packages. The tail lights look dark, but they still light up red. If you use good led bulbs they're still brighter than the stock lights even with the tint.

no Willy Leadwell Willy Leadwell a lot of people do tint headlights it's stupid same as tailights if you don't upgrade the bulbs which most don't. you never see them brake. not the black housing kind. you take black paint and thin it down spray it on. it became the new thing about a year ago

Black housings are fine. It's when people purposely tint or shade their headlights and tails that makes me cringe. Not everyone upgrades their bulbs as you and DerekB711 DerekB711 noted. It's those folks you got to pay attention too. In direct sunlight, you won't know if the driver is breaking or not unless you see their high third brake light, and those bulbs burn out too damn quick. At night it gets even more dangerous because the tail lights now are darker and the brake lights look like park lights.

Like I said it looks cool to black out a car. But lights ought not to be tinted IMO.

Back
Top Bottom