• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the legal window tint?

no Willy Leadwell Willy Leadwell a lot of people do tint headlights it's stupid same as tailights if you don't upgrade the bulbs which most don't. you never see them brake. not the black housing kind. you take black paint and thin it down spray it on. it became the new thing about a year ago
It's been popular a lot longer than that. We would have customers see mine done and want theirs done, but I quit doing it for customers years ago because even after disclaimers and being told we aren't responsible if they get in trouble, I had a couple come back wanting me to pay their tickets.

I just use regular clear coat with a dab of black toner in it. It's still pretty black when not lit, but is much more transparent and lights up much redder than something like that nightahades spray can crap from autozone that everyone uses. And a lot shinier too.

It's 32% for passenger cars (with a variation of +/- 3% allowed). So 30% should be fine unless you let it get dirty and then it will ready darker.

I was reading some exception about trucks/SUVs. I don't know if it's true or what the law is on that, but personally, I don't give a ****. I bought mine from MOG Ford and they tint the front to match the back (~20%). If I get stopped for it, I'm telling them to take it up with Ford.

And yes, I got stopped by Snellville in a Mustang with 35% and he said the tint looked too dark and he couldn't see me. I said because yours is like 5% and you're looking through yours and then mine to try to see me. After inspecting he said it wasn't as dark as he thought it was and let me go. Fishing expedition...

20% on the 150.

20161007_234953.jpg

5 cars, all had front windows amtching the back which makes them illegal.

Never stopped, never an issue. I see plenty of officers every day as well.

I too have extremely senative eyes. Even as I type this, my office lights are turned off and have been for 5 years :)

I hope your wife doesn't trade you in for my extra 2 inches... lmao Its 6-8' in most states I just thought we had ours at 8"

I believe florida is the only state that the entire front windshield is legal. it helps tremendously I love it couldn't go back to a normal one. I need to post pics
Agreed

Back
Top Bottom