• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the limit of individual sales of firearms in Georgia?

There is no law against selling for a profit. You can sell as many as you like from your personal collection and if you make money then good for you. If they can show that you bought even one with the intent to sell then you could be in trouble.
Now we talking! And they can do anything they want!

No legal limit! Just make sure "you aren't in the business of selling firearms for livelihood". As far as selling to dealers, the dealer has to make a profit. Personally when people trade firearms in, I try to give them $20-40 less than what I would list it for. You're better off selling them yourself though! Some dealers will bend you over, take you around town, and expect you to say thank you.

QUOTE:
What is the limit of individual sales of firearms in Georgia?

If you just want a number and not a discussion of legal principles involved let's say the number would be calculated by Avogadro's constant divided by the product of pi, Planck's number and "e."
Oh I see now. So with that formula, after calculations he can legally sell that many, but just stay under that number so he doesn’t get in legal trouble with the law. It’s clear as day and the OP is good to go.

I'm wanting to thin out and I'm wondering the best legal approach to reducing my gun collection. Live in Georgia. What are the best FFL dealers if selling directly to a dealer? Any one with knowledge on this subject please comment.

List it on here at pre-COVID pricing and it should move fairly quickly as long as it’s not made by Taurus or in the dreaded .40 s&w...

WOW, ok. I appreciate everyone's comments and I will be listing some. I also want to say, over the past few years I have been a member here, I have never had a bad experience, only great people here that I've meet! Hope to eat some BBQ one of these days at a get together when I'm not having to work. Thanks guys!

You all, thanks for the replies. My kid (daughter) is a math whiz (loves calculus), and has met the academic requirements for both colleges. She has been accepted to KSU, and we should get the results from GT any day.

The part that concerns me is that she is NOT hands on. She had thought about getting a math major and teaching, but the thought of 150 high school kids and their parents is not as appealing as it once was. So she was encouraged to think about engineering. So we are investigating what she would like to do for a job with that degree.
Contrary to the wisdom quoted above, I will gladly make a fair offer on any .40 cal.

As to your question, although you fail to list any geographic information, Sporting Arms in Winterville has handled the estate sales of several large collections to every one's satisfaction.

Yes, you can probably make more money selling them one at a time on ODT, or Gunbroker, depending on your tolerance for tire kickers, no shows, and just general aggravation. For many people, selling slightly below the "best price": (assuming such can be found) is worth the money having the money in the pocket.

Back
Top Bottom