• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the limit of individual sales of firearms in Georgia?

As someone posted above, ATF specifically addressed the issue of selling a large number of guns in a short period of time for the purpose of liquidating a collection. It's in the agency's FAQ section.
That is acceptable and it's not considered being "in the business."
I would add even if you make a profit, because naturally if you acquired these guns a long time ago you would've paid less for them (that's inflation) so you would make capital gain on your investment.

But nonetheless it's still not engaged in the business of gun dealing.

However if you use some of the money to buy more guns, then you might be in trouble because clearly you're not liquidating a collection; you're just changing the composition of your collection.

QUOTE:

If you just want a number and not a discussion of legal principles involved let's say the number would be calculated by Avogadro's constant divided by the product of pi, Planck's number and "e."

QUOTE:

If you just want a number and not a discussion of legal principles involved let's say the number would be calculated by Avogadro's constant divided by the product of pi, Planck's number and "e."

They allow one less than they catch you selling. It's like nailing jello to the wall.

However if you use some of the money to buy more guns, then you might be in trouble because clearly you're not liquidating a collection; you're just changing the composition of your collection.

Agreed with most of what you stated except this last statement. Changing the composition of a collection in moderation should be just fine. That's what most of us here do. If there's a gun we want, we often sell something to fund that purchase. That's basically why FS/FT exists.

I'm wanting to thin out and I'm wondering the best legal approach to reducing my gun collection. Live in Georgia. What are the best FFL dealers if selling directly to a dealer? Any one with knowledge on this subject please comment.
generally you can sell your stuff. dont buy guns to sell,but if you buy one,shoot it,dont like it,sell it and get another. if you own them and want to thin the heard,sell them...
now
to the best of my understanding of the rules is.....i get first dibs on everything. if i dont want it then you can sell it to others on the site. thats my take on the rules...:becky::becky::becky::becky:

Check with auction companies in your area, have they been selling firearms ? A good friend sold his collection at auction back in 2007, he did pretty good, a lot of his stuff was collectible and sought after items. In this buying climate you may do better than you think. But, there are fees, too.

Just start listing them here a few at a time, at fair prices, with good pics and no BS and....they'll sell faster than you can say Sold Pending Meet.

WOW, ok. I appreciate everyone's comments and I will be listing some. I also want to say, over the past few years I have been a member here, I have never had a bad experience, only great people here that I've meet! Hope to eat some BBQ one of these days at a get together when I'm not having to work. Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom