• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the name of the part on this DW 1911

It's a two piece guide rod, Remove the bushing using the les tool you have then remove the spring, after that lock slide back, use your hands or the correct allen wrench to twist the guide rod into two separate parts. Then break down like a standard 1911.

Hope this helps.

The part is a two piece guide rod. It's full length but breaks down into separate sections for disassembly

Hell I can't remember half what I used to know. When you pull the slide back, is there a small hole in the recoil spring guide?

Sometimes you have to put a clip in there and then take off the slide assembly, then take it apart from there.
Yeah you don't have to turn the barrel bushing and remove the spring cap to disassemble a 1911. You SHOULD do it that way but you don't have to. You can just remove the slide release lever and push the whole top end off the frame.

Yeah you don't have to turn the barrel bushing and remove the spring cap to disassemble a 1911. You SHOULD do it that way but you don't have to. You can just remove the slide release lever and push the whole top end off the frame.

For reassembling you usually need to disassemble the slide/barrel/bushings.

For reassembling you usually need to disassemble the slide/barrel/bushings.
Correct. But when I was younger and ignorant I scored a Colt Series 80 and disassembled it several times before I figured out I needed a bushing wrench. And the bushing on that particular Colt was way tight.

Back
Top Bottom