• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the oldest firearm you own.....??

mine is a Ruger M77 7mm rem mag from 1985. my dad bought it new and killed lots of deer with it. he gave it to me 5 or so years ago. i had a gunsmith redo it and it looks like it is brand new. i shoot it a few timeso to make sure the scope is on and kill a deer with it every year. Definetly a gun i will NEVER get rid of.

I have a 1905ish Stevens hammerless 12 gauge that my Granddad gave me about 4 years ago just before he died, it belonged to my Great Granddad. I also have a 1925 91/30 ex Dragoon, the receiver is dated 1897.

Last edited:
I once owned a Mauser 71/84 rifle, which showed a manufacture date of 1888. It shot pretty well and was fun. I don't have it any more, so I don't know if it counts.

As far as currently owned guns go, the oldest produced gun is this one:

It is a Savage 1907 pistol in .32 ACP, produced in 1909 as far as I can tell. I don't shoot it much, but I have fired it to note the average velocity of factory ammo and evaluate the utility of such a pistol in self-defense.
DSC00203.JPG

The oldest firearm I shoot with any regularity is this Colt M1911 pistol. From the serial number, it was made in 1913. The finish and plastic grips indicates it was re-done at some point - which is probably the only reason I could afford it. I shot it in a local combat match about a week ago and it served well.
M1911 pistol made in 1913.JPG

Back
Top Bottom