• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the purpose?

Trade preferred ? People often ask for a cash price as well.

If you don't want to sell list the $ value as

1 mil.jpg

Ok, I see a curious question is not allowed on this site without being labeled a rant and moved to the pasture. I simply thought maybe there was a reason to list for trade only but with a cash trade vs. Listing it FS/FT to start with.

Ok, I see a curious question is not allowed on this site without being labeled a rant and moved to the pasture. I simply thought maybe there was a reason to list for trade only but with a cash trade vs. Listing it FS/FT to start with.
Search the pasture deep enough and you'll find many on the same subject.
That why the pasture was created.

Well the rules do state that all for sale items have to show a price/value. The word CASH caries no value. If an item is listed TRADE ONLY but with a cash trade, how does that show a value?

There is some fence straddling and linguistics going on here. It doesn't seem to happen to often and keeps the place interesting.

anim_Chair.gif

Well the rules do state that all for sale items have to show a price/value. The word CASH caries no value. If an item is listed TRADE ONLY but with a cash trade, how does that show a value?
If you have a trade option it gives a starting place for negotiations. That satisfies the rules.
Of course something as vague as "trade for hunting rifle" is pretty wide open as values would varie across thousands. That would be agains the rules.
Again, "trade for something like Glock 19" is fairly specific in value.
(Except for a few ludicrous values from time to time LOL"

Back
Top Bottom