• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the Quietest 22 ammo

Leveraction44

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
33   0
Reaction score
I know CCI makes some quite 22 rounds.

That Aguila Super Colibri is quite but may have a lot of velocity variability effecting accuracy even at short range.

What do you recommend for low noise from a rifle with NO suppressor.

CCI quiet 22 is my favorite. Same weight bullet as a normal round but it's about 750fps if I remember correctly. It works great in my Henry lever action. Sounds like a pellet gun.

Super colibri is my second favorite. Much quieter but also a much smaller bullet and not good for much except knocking over beer cans at under 30 yards.

Colibri is the quietest, but can be too slow and easy to get stuck in barrel. Super colibri is a little faster and I've never had one get stuck. Both are dirty. I have killed racoons and possoms with super colibri 40-50 ft up a tree.

CCI quiets are my go to though without a suppressor.

If the rifle barrel is a standard length, I can't hear the report (much) of a 22 long, any brand. Only the Stingers or Hi-Vels make any noise that I can hear. Most of the time I can hear only a "TICK" as the round leaves the barrel. 22 Pistols are another matter, I have to wear hearing pro for those.

I know CCI makes some quite 22 rounds.

That Aguila Super Colibri is quite but may have a lot of velocity variability effecting accuracy even at short range.

What do you recommend for low noise from a rifle with NO suppressor.

What is the Quietest 22 ammo​

Duds!

My go to squirrel getter before I had any cans-

Very accurate out to 15-20 yards. Much more accurate than any other super quiet rounds I tried.

Back
Top Bottom