• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is this? Thanks for the replies

When building a old or new engine not only can you use to degree a cam but the thrust of the crank shaft ( forward and aft movement ) after assembly. I also used on the rear differential when replacing gears it checks the lash ( movement where the gears mesh ). Also on Mopars with 8 3/4 rear ends your end play on your axles as you adj. Simple adjustment but a good reference for newbies. I got so I just feel the right amount but I had done it a 1000 times.

When building a old or new engine not only can you use to degree a cam but the thrust of the crank shaft ( forward and aft movement ) after assembly. I also used on the rear differential when replacing gears it checks the lash ( movement where the gears mesh ). Also on Mopars with 8 3/4 rear ends your end play on your axles as you adj. Simple adjustment but a good reference for newbies. I got so I just feel the right amount but I had done it a 1000 times.
This comment reminded me of a time when we replaced the differential in one of my friends race truck (I was about 19), didn't know how to use crush sleeves. The truck sounded great, kinda like it had a gear-drive in place of the timing chain. The new third-member lasted about 75 miles...LOL, lessons learned!

This comment reminded me of a time when we replaced the differential in one of my friends race truck (I was about 19), didn't know how to use crush sleeves. The truck sounded great, kinda like it had a gear-drive in place of the timing chain. The new third-member lasted about 75 miles...LOL, lessons learned!
Yep. When those gears are off they can make a hell of a racket. LOL Happened the first time I put a set in. I knew right away so I made adj. before any damage occurred.

Back
Top Bottom