• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is with buyers lately on ODT?

Since my wife is a Costa Rican natural born citizen, I will get residency pretty easily. Once that happens, I can purchase one handgun and one rifle. But I tell you, as much as I love my God given rights to self-protection, when I'm there I don't ever feel unsafe like I do here, I never feel like I need to carry and have my head on a swivel like I do here. So, I'll probably buy a unicorn, and keep it in the safe while I pop a cold beer on a beach.
I get that same feeling after moving to St. Simons, plus I didn’t have to give up my guns.
But, congrats on move, my daughter loves her trips to Costa Rica, forwards some beautiful pictures.

Since my wife is a Costa Rican natural born citizen, I will get residency pretty easily. Once that happens, I can purchase one handgun and one rifle. But I tell you, as much as I love my God given rights to self-protection, when I'm there I don't ever feel unsafe like I do here, I never feel like I need to carry and have my head on a swivel like I do here. So, I'll probably buy a unicorn, and keep it in the safe while I pop a cold beer on a beach.
Right, Iv felt safer out side of u.s than inside. In some places.

I have met a few "flakes" over the years (havent we all), but here lately I have had more than a few members (several of them established for years) offer a deal and while I was considering the offers, they hit me back and rescind ??? Either that or interested party asked 1000 questions, started talking potential deals, and then crickets-radio silence??? Everyone doesn't operate the same, but why offer something if one is not prepared to let it go or waste everyone's time by appearing to be into making a deal hapoen then seemingly drop off the face of the Earth ???Not worthy of negative feedback mind you, but really folks??? I always try and treat others as i would like to be treated, but it really sux when other people don't. End of rant. OP, enjoy your time in Costa Rica :)

Hopefully you're Costa Rican... lame dead beats have surrounded us since day one..theyre everywhere..amd they act normal..but we know they're not :)

I've had only one real ghost and he was a mbr with extremely good feedback. Every other sale has been fantastic. Sorry to hear trouble. It's NOT a seller's market. Not to mention I sold a couple things on Ebay and lost my ass with low bids and ridiculous fees. ODT still rocks for the most part. I even bought some expensive scope rings from a noob and he did great except for reminding him to leave feedback, he did. The older mbr that ghosted me did it TWICE on a colt revolver.

sadly I have had several long term members with big feedback do the ghosting thing lately. Its a major pet peeve of mine about returning phone calls or letting someone know I cant make it so if you dont hear back from me you can rest assured Im probably dead or incarcerated.

I've had only one real ghost and he was a mbr with extremely good feedback. Every other sale has been fantastic. Sorry to hear trouble. It's NOT a seller's market. Not to mention I sold a couple things on Ebay and lost my ass with low bids and ridiculous fees. ODT still rocks for the most part. I even bought some expensive scope rings from a noob and he did great except for reminding him to leave feedback, he did. The older mbr that ghosted me did it TWICE on a colt revolver.
Re: the ghosting twice, the saying ‘’ fool me once…’’ comes to mind.
But, I once got it twice from a guy, he really wanted the gun, then gone again. After repeated pm’s he finally responded… his wife wouldn’t let him buy it! Don’t think I’d ever tell that on myself.

yea ghosting is pretty realz these days, part of the "internet" culture I think, I don't think its going away. It comes down to people want an item, they will make it work if its a fair deal, but its easier when somebody loses interest just go full ghost.

It does seem like unless you want to sell something for 50% off going rate, it don't sell too quick here. I think a lot of members might be looking for a quick flip (just assuming), which is not what this site is about.

Back
Top Bottom