• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What kills kudzu?

Dig it up & haul it off.
6d1f57e77855d7bc48a2b7d599db19b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Any mention of roundup/glysophosphate is a waste of time and money. Go get yourself some 24D (Agent White) and a good surfectant from Tractor supply. Prior to spraying it take a weed backer and chop the leaves up good. Spray with the 24D and surfectant mixture and it will take care of it in no time. You'll want to make sure that it can be on there for about 16 hours or so without getting wet/rained on. Check your weather.

Kudzu is easier than English Ivy. The above method is tried and true. Don't listen to anyone telling you to use diesel or ANYTHING with salt. Nothing will ever grow well if you salt the earth. That is why the Romans salted Carthage after sacking their city....so nothing could grow there again.

This.

Follow this info if you plan on using chemicals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My ex’s grandfather was a nurseryman. He used to mix up big batches of weedkiller and bug killer chemicals by hand with no protection and laugh it off. He then died of multiple myeloma.

That’s why I started cutting the kudzu at the root before spraying it. You’ll use a lot less spray and get much less on you if you wear gloves and just squirt each stump after you’ve cut the vine right where it comes out of the ground. Why spray a 50’ long vine if you can just spray the root?

Take one gallon cheap vinegar , two cups salt and a shot of dish soap and mix it together in a sprayer .The vinegar and salt to kill it and soap to keep it on the leaves. The only problem is to kill a 1/2 acre you’ll use 5-6 gallons, that’s spraying it every 4 days until you start to see it wilt.

I’m instant satisfaction and gratification type guy, go with diesel fuel it works quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any relatively inexpensive ideas for something that will kill my whole yard, grass included? I have more weeds than grass and would rather just kill everything and start over. Tried Roundup weed and grass killer and a fertilizer type weed killer in a bagand neither worked very well.

Diesel fuel works well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom