• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What kind of tree is this?

Stampede

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Just my rifle, my pony and me.
53   0
Reaction score
It's a all hardwood tree that has large seed pods, bigger than acorns.

Thought it might be an elm but I'm not sure....?
IMAG3724.jpg

IMAG3721.jpg
IMAG3719.jpg

IMAG3723.jpg

It's a large hardwood tree that has large seed pods, bigger than acorns.

Thought it might be an elm but don't think so....?
View attachment 3301014
View attachment 3301013 View attachment 3301015
View attachment 3301011
It is the Plymouth Pear...

I have one in my backyard and the other other I used the App "LeafSnap" and among a bunch of tree names that the app popped up, this one was one of them: Pyrus cordata

Pyrus cordata, the Plymouth pear, is a rare wild species of pear belonging to the family Rosaceae. It gets its name from the city of Plymouth in Devon, where it was originally found in 1870. The Plymouth pear was one of the British trees to be funded under English Natures Species Recovery Programme.

It is a small tree, that grows in hedgerows or at the edge of woods. The Plymouth pear is considered to be either a sub-species of Pyrus pyraster (European Wild Pear) or a distinct species.[citation needed] It is one of the rarest trees in the UK and it is protected under Schedule 8 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act and seeds have been deposited at Kew's Millennium Seed Bank

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrus_cordata

It is the Plymouth Pear...

I have one in my backyard and the other other I used the App "LeafSnap" and among a bunch of tree names that the app popped up, this one was one of them: Pyrus cordata

Pyrus cordata, the Plymouth pear, is a rare wild species of pear belonging to the family Rosaceae. It gets its name from the city of Plymouth in Devon, where it was originally found in 1870. The Plymouth pear was one of the British trees to be funded under English Natures Species Recovery Programme.

It is a small tree, that grows in hedgerows or at the edge of woods. The Plymouth pear is considered to be either a sub-species of Pyrus pyraster (European Wild Pear) or a distinct species.[citation needed] It is one of the rarest trees in the UK and it is protected under Schedule 8 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act and seeds have been deposited at Kew's Millennium Seed Bank

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrus_cordata

Based on further research it's a hickory...it's a very large tree.

Similar in size to this one and the seeds are similar too.
upload_2021-6-8_20-51-2.png

upload_2021-6-8_20-51-23.png

upload_2021-6-8_20-53-41.png

Back
Top Bottom