• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What knives should i carry in a store??

you mean japan right, because that who owns kershaw :)

im not opposed to carrying kershaw but i much prefer the shun line from them (the culinary blades). why do you like kershaw as opposed to spyderco or other knife manufactures with the similar blade offerings
The American made Kershaw knives are very functional and made of high-quality metal.

An idea: Have an Area set up for knife throwing. Sell a couple different styles of throwing knives (I recommend really large ones because they rotate more smoothly and stick in the target more reliably).

I would guess that many people who get interested in throwing knives will also attempt to throw their regular knives which are not made for throwing, and thus they will break the tips of these knives and need to buy replacements or maybe they will come to you and ask you to re-grind the tip of the knife and fix the damage they caused ( if you offer that service).

So it could be profitable for you; it would be fun for your customers to throw knives, and your store would be offering something that most other stores that sell knives & edged weapons would not offer.

Maybe as a publicity/marketing event once or twice a year you could hire a knife throwing expert to come over and put on a demonstration for a crowd and impress people with what a fella can do with a good sturdy knife and a lot of practice at throwing it.

View attachment 4233016View attachment 4233015
throwing knives, i love them but the shop is simply too small to accommodate plus i cant help but think of inviting the general pubic to throw knives to be an issue

The American made Kershaw knives are very functional and made of high-quality metal.
ohh they are great knives and i am considering carrying some, its just that spyderco and cold steel kinda cover the bases on the folder knives unless there is a model or design im missing that is amazing

ZT might be a good production knife that's kind of a mid tech/mid priced option. They've got everything from big, overbuilt hoss knives to EDC friendly options.

Hogue also has a product line that offers a wide variety.

You might want to revisit the Benchmade decision in time. They're popular with the peeps. I've heard that they are woefully behind in getting product to their existing vendors, though, so there's that.

Good to see you back! Hopefully you won't be a stranger.

Back
Top Bottom