• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What Made Me a 2A Believer

Sigo

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
1   0
Reaction score
I had been brainwashed in early life to believe that the government would take care of the bad guys and only nuts carried guns. Then I saw what happened in LA. That scared me, but nothing scared me more than NOLA. NOLA was the tipping point for me. When the local government went door to door confiscating weapons, I knew things were bassackwards. Ferguson, Charlotte and Baltimore just confirmed everything I already believed.

https://www.nratv.com/series/the-dl...6-a-lifeline-in-the-collapse-of-law-and-order

I only became serious about getting a gun when I began an earthquake preparedness kit when I lived in CA. It was pretty common for huge areas to lose power for a day and the threat of a bad quake was pretty real. Having food and water set aside is a great start, but one must be responsible for their own safety when help is days away. There are bad people out there that will try taking advantage of a disaster.

I only became serious about getting a gun when I began an earthquake preparedness kit when I lived in CA. It was pretty common for huge areas to lose power for a day and the threat of a bad quake was pretty real. Having food and water set aside is a great start, but one must be responsible for their own safety when help is days away. There are bad people out there that will try taking advantage of a disaster.

Sometimes good people turn bad, when desperation overtakes them.

I don't have any memory of my entire life that I wasn't within 20 feet of at least one firearm. My father was neither an avid hunter or target shooter.

Drive through Charleston or North Charleston couple days after Hugo is all it took for me. People who spend their lives dependent upon government largesse realize their full animal potential when government fails to meet their every need.

Back
Top Bottom