• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What makes a Glock so reliable?

Ihr spricht Deutsch wie meine Grossmutter Spanisch.......

I will offer tutoring for .223 ammo :)

It was the late 80's and early 90's that I was there. I learned everything I know from the old men in the pubs while playing 301, but it was enough to get by for the few years I was there.

I was wondering if there was anyone out there reading this. Most of the time if I screw anything up none ever notices.

I took four years of German in high school and college... and I understand little to none of that. What a waste.

Back to the Glock... its all the perfection massaged into it with love.

At least three of us were stationed in Deutschland........or just found a translation site on the interweb.

Maybe a combo?

I try to learn a little of every Major Language, I am going for a degree in International Affairs and Foreign Languages. I am not in the military....yet. I plan on either going USAF, or a form of Government work after I finish college....

My Uncle however was stationed over in Germany for a long time in the 80's, he said he was the first one that got drove the M1A1 Abrams when they arrived there. I remember this one story he has told me quite a few times...He said there was one road that they drove the tanks down all the time(I believe he said they were training people how to drive) and on one part of it there was a relatively sharp turn with a drop off on one side and an old mans house on the other side. Well he said for some reason a lot of drivers would want to cut the turn to sharp and....You guessed it they plowed through this guys house. He said while he was over there they rebuilt parts of that guys house many times, he said the Army kept trying to buy the guys property so they wouldn't have to worry with it but that old guy wouldn't budge he was staying there!

Just a side note....Translation sites are only useful for trying to understand roughly what someone is saying, to get them to really translate is not going to happen, usually their translation of a sentence is complete and utter garbage......

They also fire dirty and all them torture tests. The manual will say lube the gun before firing but its just like someone saying fasten your seatbelt before driving. If you have a glock brand new out the box...you can definitely go 200 rounds or more with no problems.

It was the late 80's and early 90's that I was there. I learned everything I know from the old men in the pubs while playing 301, but it was enough to get by for the few years I was there.

I was wondering if there was anyone out there reading this. Most of the time if I screw anything up none ever notices.

I lived in Wurzburg and Hochburg in the late 90's. I lived with a German gal and her mother. The mother was married to a Turk who had been a guestarbiter. The german gal spoke English, Russian and German. Her mother spoke German, and some modern Turk. The Turk spoke Arabic, Turk and German. I spoke English and some German. It was fun at supper time.

Back
Top Bottom