• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What optics are you guys running on your HD/SHTF/TEOTWAWKI guns?

What optic(s) are you running on your "gotta work" rifle?

• Total voters
Iron for me, no batteries, no lenses to crack, simple, robust. If you can't hit a man at 100 yds with them, time to practice.

Not so much cheap as simply can't afford better on a cops salary. But some may also be cheap LOL
That's exactly what one of them said. He said on a LEO salary the high dollar stuff isn't really feasible. However, he did say that after seeing how they hold up a lot of other officers are selling their high dollar ones and using the Sightmark Reflex sights. I do not like the quick detach one though. I have had one of them move around me. The other ones won't budge a hair.

I really use irons a lot practicing. I bought the selection of front site pins from KNS and use the sharper pins for better accuracy. It makes all the difference in the world. The standard front sight pin is so thick that at 100 yards it completely covers the bulls eye. So I installed the thinner sharp top pin and use the 6'clock aiming position and it really improved my groups by a mile.

Even people you do know as well. Humans have a way of reverting to animalistic ways when under bad situations.
Or stepping up and being better than you ever thought they could be.

It doesn't matter that much. As soon as a person has the reputation of being an untrustworthy asshole, they'll get taken care of pretty quick.

Fer walkin, Chinese Weaver intermediate eye relief 2-7 backed up w Chinese Ozark 45 degree fixed irons with a gimmicky KNS front sight post.

My go-to carbine has an Aimpoint PRO cowitnessed with a fixed rear iron sight and an FSB up front.
The battery lasted over 4 years left on...if SHTF last longer than that I'll worry about it then.
And as far as some LEO selling quality optics and buying Sightmark. ..:thumb: better him than me.

Back
Top Bottom