• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What optics are you guys running on your HD/SHTF/TEOTWAWKI guns?

What optic(s) are you running on your "gotta work" rifle?

• Total voters
Finally got time to check that Strikefire II out, nice, only $179 & free shipping from Midway. You don't find many companies with a warranty like that anymore. Since I'm not an Airborne SEAL Ninja Ranger the Vortex line should be just what the Dr. ordered for me. Lol
It's a really good sight. I've had mine for over 3 years on a 7.5" upper never lost zero. It's been painted multiple times, dragged through the woods, rained on and shot a lot. Ditch the goofy magnifier that comes with it and buy a cantilever mount if you want it up farther, and it's a really good set up in my opinion. The red dot only model is very very bright in daylight. I've had both the Grn/Red version and red dot only and it's noticeably brighter. its NV capable and no questions asked warranty is tried and true. Here's mine
IMG_2694.JPG

Glass breaks and batteries die so I'm old school iron sights. Practice with the tools that you will have to use.
Whenever I go to the range I always shoot some with the red dot & some with the irons. I grew up using only irons and this is the only red dot I've used, I bought it shortly after the Va. Tech shooting back in 2007. I've only owned one rifle with a regular scope on it and for some reason I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it unless I used a sandbag rest or a bi-pod. Lol! I ended up selling that rifle and bought it back and sold it again! Haha! I'm much more comfortable using iron sights but my eyes just ain't what they used to be and that red dot helps my accuracy out at 100yds and a little more.

Just a heads up it is either made in china or taiwan. I can't remember which.
Probably, I pulled the sticker off years ago I can google real quick and find out, but if it's any consolation my buddies who are PMCs for a reputable DOD funded company are running Vortex optics almost exclusively in multiple theaters overseas and no complaints from him. I keep in touch with him often and gun talk a lot too. Mine has been a beast as well.

Edit: if I'm spending the governments money though it's Trijicons,Elcans,Aimpoints,and L3 stuff lol

It's a really good sight. I've had mine for over 3 years on a 7.5" upper never lost zero. It's been painted multiple times, dragged through the woods, rained on and shot a lot. Ditch the goofy magnifier that comes with it and buy a cantilever mount if you want it up farther, and it's a really good set up in my opinion. The red dot only model is very very bright in daylight. I've had both the Grn/Red version and red dot only and it's noticeably brighter. its NV capable and no questions asked warranty is tried and true. Here's mine
View attachment 1289829
That's pretty cool, the one I looked at online at Midway comes with the cantilever mount but no magnifier. I don't care anything about a magnifier anyway and with that warranty & mount at $179 + free shipping seems to me like a pretty sweet deal.

That's pretty cool, the one I looked at online at Midway comes with the cantilever mount but no magnifier. I don't care anything about a magnifier anyway and with that warranty & mount at $179 + free shipping seems to me like a pretty sweet deal.
Agreed

Vortex for me, some are being made in the US now and I don't know of a better customer service dept. (never had to use CSdept but know a friend that did ; got sent a brand new optic/no questions asked). I'm runnin bout 5 of their products now from dot to x50 and well pleased

The only complaint I have with my EOTech is my own fault, I wanted to shave off a few ounces and went with the 511 and it uses those freakin' N size batteries. Shoulda went with the 512 and I could've used my rechargable AA's.

Back
Top Bottom