• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What Percentage of ODT Buyers refuse to Buy from a Seller who requires a Bill of Sale, DL or CCW

Do you refuse to buy from anyone who requires a Bill of Sale or to see your License

• Total voters
I only provide my SSN, address, a copy of my license, a major credit card number, my birth certificate and a picture of my wife. Anything in addition to that is just an invasion of my privacy and I’ll refuse.
Your SSN is the key to all of your privacy. Noooooooo. File your taxes with an SSN and never, ever, for any reason in private transactions do you give it up.

Just curious, if you are selling a firearm on ODT, what percentage of the buyers' pool do you lose when you check Bill of Sale required, or say you wan to see a license and permit?
Years ago my potential buyer backs in across the empty parking lot, (Me-fondles my g32) walks over & says he'll buy it without looking, shows me the bills (1/2 appeared counterfeit) & an altered Ga. id, oh & had prison gang tats everywhere. Called APD but guess they were busy.

Only 7 things I require as we meet because if not- you'd probably shoot yourself
or a bystander.

1. You never voted, donated or opened democratic campaign headquarters for a Clinton, Obama, Biden or any other Marxist commie bastard (including supporting 98.3% of Hollywood) that vow to take away our 2nd amendment right.
2. Don't say "I just want something to keep in my vehicle".
3. When I ask where are you from, you don't say
"We live in Chicago" and have N.Y. plates on your backed in car.
4. No prison gang tats or full body piercings unless you look like Raquel Welch.
5. You never called a magazine a "clip".
6. Never put your finger inside the trigger guard or pointed at something you were not ready to obliterate.
7. Above all else your pants are not hanging down below your butt cheeks
while watching "The View".

I only provide my SSN, address, a copy of my license, a major credit card number, my birth certificate and a picture of my wife. Anything in addition to that is just an invasion of my privacy and I’ll refuse.
I agree. Provide SS#, home address, copy of drivers license, Debit card and pin #, major credit card, birth certificate, wife's picture, mother-in-law's picture and address and a picture of the 500 gold coins she keeps in her shoe box in the back of the closet, and picture of her jewelry in the coffee can in her freezer. I also provide 12 months of bank statements. To ensure trust, I fill out blank checks and sign them in case anything goes wrong with gun in the 25 years after purchase. I provide a lifetime warranty on all sales. 10x your money back, no questions asked If anything goes wrong I am amazed I have many repeat customers , but with this many well documented sales, why am I always broke?!

Only 10 things I require as we meet . No particular order -

1. Your not a bleeding liberal & never opened or donated to a democratic campaign headquarters for a Clinton, Obama, Biden or any other Marxist commie bastard candidate.
2. Don't say "I just want something to keep in my vehicle".
3. When I ask where are you from, you don't say
"We live in Chicago" and have N.Y. plates on your backed in car.
4. That you don't believe in Climate change nor Defunding the police.
5. That you don't take life too serious & laugh at yourself when you have a senior moment.
6. No prison tats or full body piercings unless your a smoking hot female.
7. "Don't trust Whitey & Lord loves a working man". (The Jerk).
8. Believe "Fat drunk & stupid is no way to go thru life son" (Dean Wormer)
9. You don't call a magazine a clip.
10. Above all else : That your pants are not hanging down below your butt cheeks.
1. If you’re a gun enthusiast, I don’t care about your politics.
2. if you’re money is good, and you’re a GA resident with a CCW, and you didn’t take Uber from the pen, you’re probably okay.
3. If you want to transfer by FFL and I only peak at your DL, that’s safe.
4. WON'T sell to anyone contemplating or in the middle of a divorce.
5. WON'T sell to anyone with Tear Drop tats on face, tats of Anything but your favorite dog, wife, girlfriend.
6. WON'T sell if I see in your back seat: Dexter DVDs, Duct Tape, rolls of plastic, saws, buckets and bibles with upside down crosses. Or books on dissecting.
7. Won’t sell if you have never been to a NASCAR race - that would be just anti-country.
8. Won’t sell if you're a Woke, a fan of the bachelor, or you watch soap operas.
9. if you’re not the kind of person I’d want to get a beer with, then probably should just walk away.

I agree. Provide SS#, home address, copy of drivers license, Debit card and pin #, major credit card, birth certificate, wife's picture, mother-in-law's picture and address and a picture of the 500 gold coins she keeps in her shoe box in the back of the closet, and picture of her jewelry in the coffee can in her freezer. I also provide 12 months of bank statements. To ensure trust, I fill out blank checks and sign them in case anything goes wrong with gun in the 25 years after purchase. I provide a lifetime warranty on all sales. 10x your money back, no questions asked If anything goes wrong I am amazed I have many repeat customers , but with this many well documented sales, why am I always broke?!
Never provide your SSN to a swinging soul outside of the government unless you want someone to steal your identity.

Boy, yall sure are rough on us tattooed guys....jeez.
What does it say about tattooed guys when most of them have dental problems and smoke cigarettes? For me it says that they don't make good choices in life. Their priorities are misplaced. That being the case you don't know what other bad choices they made that would have you saying I shouldn't have sold to that guy.

As a Christian, I'm prohibited from having tattoos and body piercings. I don't judge people on the tattoos alone; however, they become an instant red flag. The Japanese hire people based upon appearance. In Japan, those with the tattoos and body piercings might not even get a job in some fields and, if they did, the person without those features would be hired in at a higher rate of pay. Some Christians wonder how a person can defile the body (which is the temple of the soul) so when you have tattoos, you have to remember that a lot of cultures will judge you by that.

If tats are the only red flag, I might sell to someone anyway. But, it is what it is.

I don't refuse. Depends how bad I want what they are selling. Much more likely to skip over their listing though because it just kind of rubs me the wrong way. I do think some put it in their ad as a disclaimer so if something doesn't smell right at the meet they have the option.

The poll question is different from the OP's first post asking about selling guns instead of buying them.

I'll show ID or sign a bill of sale / receipt when I'm buying, unless the seller objects.
I don't insist on it --not as a buyer nor as a seller, at least when selling to a person who's been on the ODT for a long time and has done many transactions and obviously has plenty of firearms already.

Selling a handgun to a newbie, a stranger here, I might insist on seeing iD and doing a hand written bill of sale signed by both of us.

Back
Top Bottom