Votes: 23 12.6%
  • Beretta

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • Sig

Votes: 20 11.0%
  • Other

Votes: 18 9.9%

• Total voters
I'm a devout apostle for the CZ-75, and if I'm shooting in a match I'm probably using a Shadow target. However, I have to admit that the most accurate pistol I own that I've shot is a 686 with a full lug. I was shocked, Shocked I say, when I looked at the target. Maybe it was a one-off but it was the tightest group I ever fired...that or 4 of the rounds totally missed at 15 yards...the group was That close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having revisited this thread, I am going to revise my answer from what it was previously (S&W 5906 TSW) to... whatever I shot last. There are very few pistols that I haven't liked.

At one point, I shot a Beretta so much I was halfway decent with it. I never stopped hating that pistol though. It was an M9. I shot it so much that stupid exposed barrel would become a problem. But as Chinook repel guy alluded to, if you practice enough, most sidearms are going to do okay by you.

This brings me to my Shield conundrum. When that pistol came out, it had a reputation for a horrible trigger and not so great sights. I loved that thing from day one. Lately, however, I have been shooting 1911s a good bit as well as a revolver here and there. I switched back to my neglected Shield this past weekend and suddenly I didn't shoot it worth a darn and I found the trigger to be just unacceptably awful. What's the lesson? You get good and comfortable with what you use the most. (And also I suck, but that's beside the point.)

I have an old pre-Taurus owned Rossi 357 revolver that is stupid accurate in single action. The next best is a Remington R1 6 inch 1911 10mm, hell of a handgun. Both are real accurate and would be a real friend in a home invasion situation. My S&W E-Series 1911 in 45 is a real shooter as well. It's actually hard to say which is best. However, in a time of need, my long slide 1911 is hard to beat. It has accuracy in a 10mm and is semi-auto. Lethal combination.

Back
Top Bottom