• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What power are your main Georgia hunting binoculars?

What power binocs do you normally use in Georgia?

• 6x

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • 7x

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • 8x

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • 9x

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • 10x

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • more than 10x

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • variable or other (comment in thread)

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters
Exactly.

I have a cheap, cheap pair of compact 8x Tasco binos that I take from time to time. They are clear and functional and serve to make sure I'm shooting a legal buck (4 points of a side). I've been told that a quality pair of binos are a must but I haven't been able to justify spending the money on a pair yet.
You know I had a pair of "Jason" binos that I think came from Sam's literally 30 years ago. I quite certain I paid less than $30 for them. I was stunned at their performance.... right up until my son dropped them on a tile floor about a year ago. :mmph:
If the image is consistently clear edge to edge and the light transmission is good, I'm not overly concerned about what label they wear.
I did score some Leupold Katmai's in 6x and 10x that are my hunting binocs (depending on stand) but I bought my son an inexpensive pair of Bushnell H20s (for another example) that I wouldn't hesitate to take afield. Having said that, some cheap binos are in fact cheap and unless you want to not see what you are searching for or just enjoy giving yourself headaches, there are some to avoid. If I ever was going to hunt out west I 'might' consider a nicer pair.

I like the Bushnell perma focus. (8x) The pair I have is light and compact.
No knobs and everything is in focus as soon as you put them to your eyes. Picked up a pair cheap at Sams Club many moons ago and don't know what I did without em and I'd highly recommend them as a good inexpensive pair. They aren't a spotting scope to count points with at long distance, but are an excellent tool for finding things that caused movement in the shadows, brush and along the field edges.

http://bushnell.com/wildlife/binoculars/perma-focus

Last edited:
Leupold Rogue or Nikon Travelite. I have a pair of both in 8 x 25. They are clear, light weight, and compact. You can find a deal on them too. Paid under $50.00 for the Leupolds at Optics Planet back in December.

Back
Top Bottom