• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

what products do you use to sharpen knives?

Kme system with 4 diamond stones here. Gets all my blades shaving sharp and scary with strops if you need.
They also have a ceramic set up but i like the diamond they are faster and have been good for my needs so far. I have 150grit all the way to 1500

I also bought their attachment for sharpening stylist shears which saves my wife from having to send them back in for sharpening.
They also give military & vet discounts just call them to place your orders

Norton water stones start at 800. Finish with 8000. Gets a mirror finish in short order unless you have a beat up blade then start with 150 grit. Leaves an edge so sharp that you can breathe on it and hear the microbes screaming from being split in half.

Wicked Edge there are no subsites!

20181030_150306.jpg

A variation of diamond block/sticks and Arkansas stones.

If the bevel really needs to be addressed and re worked or the edge is badly dinged or chipped I use a mill bastard file to draw file bulk off the blade and then dress up the edge with an Arkansas stone.

My stepmother who works for the BOE in the kitchens in GA brought me a knife to sharpen that someone had "sharpened". Looks like they drug the edge across a rock. It was rounded and dinged with flat spots and chips. I draw filed the bevel and slicked it on the stone and it was rolling hair in short order.

Back
Top Bottom