• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What Rifle Caliber Will You NOT own?

If we are all truthful with ourselves, For the right deal, there aint one out there that I wouldnt own.As long as its legal to own it. BECAUSE WE ARE ALL GUN WHORES!!!

And I am particularly a rifle nut, and I agree. There are plenty I will never buy or own but that doesn't mean I would not own them.

If we are talking about hunting or defense, there are plenty I would not want to use, but again, if the situation was bad enough, I suppose I would use any of them if nothing better was close to hand.

I own calibers that I don't like. I don't like 5.56/.223, but I own 3 of them. At least I did before I sank that boat on lake Oconee.

1-- No Weatherby magnums for me. Their boosted performance isn't worth the cost and difficulty to find compared to old standbys like the .270, 7mm Rem Mag, .308, .30-06, etc.

2-- No varmint calibers other than .223 Remington. I want only one varmint caliber cartridge to stock, and that's it. No .222 Rem, no .22-250, no thanks on the .204 Ruger. Not even a .17 HMR. (However, I do have a .22 WMR as a suburban coyote rifle because it's quieter than any centerfire. And I use it as a 200-yard rimfire target / plinking rifle.)

3-- I'll pass on a lever action rifle in .30-30, too. If I ever own a lever gun again, I want it in a bigger bore that shoots a heavier bullet. I'll accept a rainbow trajectory to get a bigger slug of lead into the target within 125 yards.

Well I have the 450 marlin and 4570..most times the 3030 is still with me. If I had to do over the 450 marlin would be gone. Nothing that I cant do with handloads in 4570.

Back
Top Bottom