• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What should I ask for from S&W ? Update

Any caliber that is common will be easier to move since the target audience is larger. 9mm is the sjht now since the FBI and a host of others are jumping on the band wagon. Semi autos sell easier cause most new shooters think revolvers suck till they shoot one. Glock put plastic pistols on the map and in most cases you can move Glock quickly. Poly Smiths seem to move slower in my observations. Most gun guys might buy something just because its different and/or cool just to show off or shoot a few times then trade it here. Hard core 1911 or revolver guys will buy 1911s and revolvers. My advice is look at smiths website and by what you like, not what you plan to sell. If you like it keep it, if not trade it. Unless you're buying a python safe queen, you might be disappointed in that investment.

the approximate value of a preowned S&W 5,45 AR (with correct functioning barrel) is about $750 in this market, so any easy-to-resell handgun is a win for you.. but I'd personally prefer a common caliber for a wider audience or the "just in case" scenario where you decide to keep it, so ammo price won't break the bank.

I paid 950 plus shipping back when that was the going rate. Then I spent another $200 on magazines. I really just wanted them to fix it. They should have known about the barrels. It was an easy check for them. No matter what I get will be a loss especially after I have to pay the transfer fee and then take a loss on whatever I get because nobody is going to pay full price. I'm just trying to limit my losses as much as possible. I pretty much have a $0 gun budget right now.

Any caliber that is common will be easier to move since the target audience is larger. 9mm is the sjht now since the FBI and a host of others are jumping on the band wagon. Semi autos sell easier cause most new shooters think revolvers suck till they shoot one. Glock put plastic pistols on the map and in most cases you can move Glock quickly. Poly Smiths seem to move slower in my observations. Most gun guys might buy something just because its different and/or cool just to show off or shoot a few times then trade it here. Hard core 1911 or revolver guys will buy 1911s and revolvers. My advice is look at smiths website and by what you like, not what you plan to sell. If you like it keep it, if not trade it. Unless you're buying a python safe queen, you might be disappointed in that investment.

I love their revolvers but I have the ones I want. Their 1911's look nice but I don't have the money to stock another caliber. Your advice is sound though. Thank you.

I would just buy a $150 replacement barrel, install yourself and chalk it up to your not function-testing the rifle soon after purchasing it. The 5,45x39 "Poison Bullet" is a sweet, low recoil caliber.

Keep us posted on what you decide to get !!
I wish I had. That was the original plan but the only barrels I could find were 235 and up. I funtion tested it after purchase with 7n6 which didn't seem to be tumbling. It is much more noticeable with the wolf 60gr. That's when I started to pay more attention. The trigger had problems too which was an easy fix with a hone but still shouldn't have left. It was doubling and tripling if you didn't hold the trigger back hard. They said it was unrepairable and had been destroyed or I would probably just ask for it back.

I'm getting a bit irritated with them now. I've called several times to ask if this or that(some of which you all have suggested) is a fair trade. They come back every time with an additional $175 or $200 I would need to add. I don't want to give them more money to get something I don't really want to fix a problem they allowed to leave their shop.

Back
Top Bottom