• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What should I ask for from S&W ? Update

Colt will always fetch top dollar in the AR game. As will Daniel Defense. Now I never thought I would go on the record with this but here goes. If you compare the two rifles side by side the difference is undeniably recognizable. The Daniel Defense rifle feels as synchronized as the gear box in a fine Italian sports car. Every part feels like it has been hand mated to each other. Ever button, every lever and every pin just feels like it has been made for that particular rifle. They are definitely fine guns and after you handle one after handling a Colt you will notice the difference immediately. Taking away the comparison which many people will never experience the Colt will always command respect for it's many years in the business and the weapons are very well made. Both will work well and both will command a healthy resale value. What you have to ask is do I want a jewel like action on every movable part or do I want a rifle that is great but will rely on name as a major selling factor down the road. However, for under a grand the Colt is a crazy great deal. I don't think you can wrong with either one but D&D makes one hell of a rifle. Colt are tough and will take the abuse and are proven in that aspect so it's a toss up on which one would be the absolute best for you and your needs. No one knows what kind of abuse you plan on dishing out but you. The Daniel Defense would probably be the most accurate of the two rifles because of the hammer forged barrels and care they take in producing thier barrels.

Colt will always fetch top dollar in the AR game. As will Daniel Defense. Now I never thought I would go on the record with this but here goes. If you compare the two rifles side by side the difference is undeniably recognizable. The Daniel Defense rifle feels as synchronized as the gear box in a fine Italian sports car. Every part feels like it has been hand mated to each other. Ever button, every lever and every pin just feels like it has been made for that particular rifle. They are definitely fine guns and after you handle one after handling a Colt you will notice the difference immediately. Taking away the comparison which many people will never experience the Colt will always command respect for it's many years in the business and the weapons are very well made. Both will work well and both will command a healthy resale value. What you have to ask is do I want a jewel like action on every movable part or do I want a rifle that is great but will rely on name as a major selling factor down the road. However, for under a grand the Colt is a crazy great deal. I don't think you can wrong with either one but D&D makes one hell of a rifle. Colt are tough and will take the abuse and are proven in that aspect so it's a toss up on which one would be the absolute best for you and your needs. No one knows what kind of abuse you plan on dishing out but you. The Daniel Defense would probably be the most accurate of the two rifles because of the hammer forged barrels and care they take in producing thier barrels.

Thanks I'm leaning more towards a Daniel Defense. I've always wanted one of the PC 627's. I'll probably try to get one of those and then sell off or trade around some of my other revolvers it could replace.

170296_01_lg_1.jpg
627 v comp.:becky:

So they won't let me have anything from performance center. I was thinking a s&w .500. It seems like it would be easy to sell. I don't really want anything they have or to be more accurate I already have everything from them that I want. My msrp trade value is at 1200 to 1300 for an even trade. Any other suggestions with that new info? Should I get the long ported barrel or the 4" ported barrel?

So they won't let me have anything from performance center. I was thinking a s&w .500. It seems like it would be easy to sell. I don't really want anything they have or to be more accurate I already have everything from them that I want. My msrp trade value is at 1200 to 1300 for an even trade. Any other suggestions with that new info? Should I get the long ported barrel or the 4" ported barrel?

Get the 460 in a 6+ inch barrel and make me an offer I cant refuse.

Are the mega-magnum Revolvers easy to sell? You need to be hardcore to use one of those beasts. I would say the market for a 500 or 460 is small, but i reckon the target audience is devoted. But at that MSRP and Free, i aint got a better suggestion.

I own multiple colts and have owned more. I owned one DD. Yes, the DD did feel like a more solid, refined rifle. Its also 30%-50% more than a 6920. Bryan Dobbs asked me once if I think I need a better AR than our fighting men. The "working man" mystique of the Colt is hard to ignore. The DD is more like a BMW vs a F150.

Reactions: MRH
Back
Top Bottom