• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What the hell do i do with this thing?

paliknight

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
2   0
Reaction score
I made an impulse buy during black friday from cabelas. obviously its a rifle scope, but im not well versed with these types of scopes. im only familiar with red dots and holographic sights. can this be mounted on my SCAR-17 and what would be the best use/s for it? Thank you all for the help.

NIKON NEW PROSTAFF RIFLESCOPE 3-9X40M BDC

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Niko...categoryId=734095080&CQ_search=713666&CQ_st=b

lmao yeah but what in the world should it primarily be used for? short range hunting, medium range, target practice?
I use a Nikon 3-9x 40 Lustre for deer and coyote hunting. Not for distance or target. I use Nikon Monarch 6.5-20x50 on my longer range guns.
Nikons are well built, very clear and hold zero.
Thats good enough for me

A 3x9 scope works great with a rim fire rifle. Figure out your bullet drop and correlation to the BDC and keep it on a 3x5 card with the rifle.

Or get a quick release mount for rail and have it as a back up to irons. I use a larger scope on a railed upper for coyotes.

3x9 has a wide range of applications and for the dime the Nikon is a decent inexpensive piece of glass. Not a good choice for a pistol-it needs a longer eye relief.

I was concerned about the AR front sight interfering with the sight picture but it's a non-issue.

IMG_0119.JPG

Back
Top Bottom