• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What the hell do i do with this thing?

A 3x9 scope works great with a rim fire rifle. Figure out your bullet drop and correlation to the BDC and keep it on a 3x5 card with the rifle.

Or get a quick release mount for rail and have it as a back up to irons. I use a larger scope on a railed upper for coyotes.

3x9 has a wide range of applications and for the dime the Nikon is a decent inexpensive piece of glass. Not a good choice for a pistol-it needs a longer eye relief.

I was concerned about the AR front sight interfering with the sight picture but it's a non-issue.

View attachment 1018465
thats what i was wondering. if the recoil or the 7.62 bullet would be too harsh for this scope.

thats what i was wondering. if the recoil or the 7.62 bullet would be too harsh for this scope.

That scope can handle magnum recoil. The mount on the other hand is another issue. The 3x9 scope is one of the most produced as it is so versatile. Crank in down to 3X to shoot moving targets or up to 9X for more precision.

Oddly a spring air rifle will break a rifle scope easier. The recoil is in the opposite direction.

That scope can handle magnum recoil. The mount on the other hand is another issue. The 3x9 scope is one of the most produced as it is so versatile. Crank in down to 3X to shoot moving targets or up to 9X for more precision.

Oddly a spring air rifle will break a rifle scope easier. The recoil is in the opposite direction.

^^^That's a good piece of info to research. I just purchased a Powerline - Daisy break barrel for $50 because the guy couldn't zero it. My Gamos all have Gamo scopes and shoot just fine. Wonder if the Powerline broke the scope...shoots fine using iron sights (says the kids).

I made an impulse buy during black friday from cabelas. obviously its a rifle scope, but im not well versed with these types of scopes. im only familiar with red dots and holographic sights. can this be mounted on my SCAR-17 and what would be the best use/s for it? Thank you all for the help.

NIKON NEW PROSTAFF RIFLESCOPE 3-9X40M BDC

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Nikon-PROSTAFF-Riflescope/1213653.uts?searchPath=/browse.cmd?categoryId=734095080&CQ_search=713666&CQ_st=b
I don't think I'd put that on a SCAR, but I guess that depends on what you want to do with the SCAR. That's allot of scope for it. I have an AR4 and an M1A and will be putting a 1-6x on them, so I can play close up and reach out a bit. Right now the M1A has a 5x-18 and that seems a bit much in the terrain I hunt in. Just my opinion. If you do put it on the SCAR, you'll probably be able to drive nails with it. It would at least be fun to play with for a bit.

Regarding the SCAR-17. I hate you (Envy talking).

They're nice scopes.

I have a few of them on hunting rifles.
The glass is pretty nice, not a
Leupold but clear.
I like the BDC reticle and haven't had issues with them holding zero.
I bought a
Muzzleloader/ shotgun scope from Nikon for my CVA rifle and it's also been a good product.

I can't say anything bad about Nikon scopes although I do prefer the leupold glass in comparison since the price range is a close competitor.

I'm looking hard at redfield scopes for an AR hunting rifle since I've read several great reviews about the redfield quality and killer clear glass since they're made by leupold and are a little less expensive.
I saw redfields in almost every gun store I've been in before Christmas but haven't been able to find any all week long.

Amazon here we come.

I don't think I'd put that on a SCAR, but I guess that depends on what you want to do with the SCAR. That's allot of scope for it. I have an AR4 and an M1A and will be putting a 1-6x on them, so I can play close up and reach out a bit. Right now the M1A has a 5x-18 and that seems a bit much in the terrain I hunt in. Just my opinion. If you do put it on the SCAR, you'll probably be able to drive nails with it. It would at least be fun to play with for a bit.

Regarding the SCAR-17. I hate you (Envy talking).
that makes me want to put it on the SCAR. Ill try it on there with the leupold shown below. If it doesnt work out then Ill just give it away on here.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KOPY70/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

what do you guys think about this^^^??

Back
Top Bottom