• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What time do you squirrel hunt? Other tips welcome.

CAMSDADDY

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
109   0
Reaction score
My son has decided he wants to go squirrel hunting. Today we went and sighted in his 22. I was hoping to take my nephew but he has baseball try outs all day tomorrow. I called a buddy and he said come out anytime. I have not hunted squirrel in 20+ years. Then it was anytime I had time to wander the woods. My question is is there a window that hunting is better? I know for deer it's normally a first thing last thing of the day sort of thing.
Any other tips and hints welcome. Just trying to get the most of our time.

I have the day off tomorrow. My mother is in town and it's her birthday so I'm going to meet her early for breakfast. I will then come home and grab the kid and stuff. If we are too late we will return tomorrow afternoon. Thanks guys.

Oddly we have a limit in our backyard at any given time. Unfortunately we are limited to the occasional shot with an air rifle.
That's what I use. I have a Benjamin Marauder PCP rifle with a moderator on it. Whisper quiet. All I hear is the sound of the tiny pellet hitting a tiny coconut.

At this time of year practically any daylight hours that the weather is reasonably good. They'll mostly be on or near the ground digging up the acorns they buried in the Fall.

Back
Top Bottom