Votes: 2 7.1%
  • .45 pistol

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • .38 pistol

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Leave them at home

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
I have hunted these critters in the past and can tell you they tend to avoid humans like the plague. None of these are a caliber you would choose to hunt these animals with but something is better than nothing. I'd call it piece of mind. Anyway, I would choose which ever one you were the most comfortable and accurate with, you know what they say about shot placement. Round count and ease of carry is another factor I'd consider. 6-38's in a revolver, are you accurate with double action shooting incase of a charge? or 8+ in a .45, 30 rds in a .223 pistol, do you have a holster for it?. Anyway most animals avoid humans and will be frightened off by noise or a good campfire. I've camped plenty of times in "dangerous animal" territory and have carried more than adequate calibers 44 mag, 12 ga, 357, .460 s&w and have never needed any of them. I did come across a black bear one time on a fishing trip as I rounded a bend in the river, I'm not sure who was more startled, but even though I had my 357 on me I never had to draw it. The bear tore ass into the woods upon seeing me and I continued to fish. When I camp now I bring my cc piece, which is always with me anyways, and sometimes a 22lr so the kids can target shoot. Hope this is helpful and have a great time camping. 13508877_10209240547827826_7870703184302921325_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom