• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What to do about painful knees?

How long did you get out of them ? Did they help enough to where you could eventually work ?
If you dont mind me asking? I am on my first set…
They helped. However, doctors lie... You can not do what you use to.. i.e. hiking, hunting, running all I did before . Wore out at near 15 years use. The appliance broke loose inside my femurs , and worn away. This is one of my originals. The new knees have post cemented into the bone.

Attachments

• knee.jpg
    knee.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 18
They helped. However, doctors lie... You can not do what you use to.. i.e. hiking, hunting, running all I did before . Wore out at near 15 years use. The appliance broke loose inside my femurs , and worn away. This is one of my originals. The new knees have post cemented into the bone.
Yeah, they done that to mine…cemented the post in..
I have a copy of mine somewhere….it was Oct. so has only been a few months

If i cannjust get to where i can go back in a garage 4 hrs a day….. i will be estatic. But i know that’s probably a pipe dream .

WARNING *************** GRAPHIC PIX *************

Note the post on the new replacement on the left X-ray The right one was done 4 months later. So old vs new X rays

Attachments

• IMG_0634.jpg
    IMG_0634.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0635.jpg
    IMG_0635.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0711.jpg
    IMG_0711.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0714.jpg
    IMG_0714.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 16
Before going the surgical route I would look into glucosamine and light exercise (non-impact).

When I got a dog last year my knees started killing me after years of inactivity. I started doing 20 or so knee bends in the AM, which helped a lot. About 4 months ago I started glucosamine for both me and the dog, and I can't say I've felt any knee pain since.

This probably won't work if there's something mechanically broken, but it worked OK for me.

Ive had great luck with my joints over the years. :rolleyes:
knees : just had complete replacement on right in Oct and on
Feb 10 i will have left done . Complete replacement also.
The pain over the years has gotten progressively worse.
The arthritis has eaten them up. They have degenerated to bone on bone
Ive had shots after shots.
I hanve Had fluid pulled off of them when they swell so bad you can't bend it.
There has been miniscus repair. IILIOBAND surgery.
So ive done about everything to them.

So , Ice when they swell up. Try to keep them moving.
Get a anti-inflammatory med .
Cortesone injections when you cant stand it .
A TENS unit may help some.
Go to a good orthopedic doctor, get some x-rays shot and see if there is something damaged.
I was about to mention this brother right Here. — NOW, think of someone that has been suffering pain to the extreme… He had to leave a nice gathering last year because of them knees telling him to go home….:yo::yo:

Back
Top Bottom