• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What to use to kill a Copperhead in a subdivision community?

Shovel worked just fine after this guy presented himself...

copperhead.jpg

Make sure they will cycle your semi-auto. They did not cycle my Glock conversion kit, but worked in Ruger SR22. Keep pulling the trigger until mag is empty. One shot does not kill the snake. I started with a 22LR shotshell, when 1st shot did not work, Remington 870 came out to play and it worked with one shot.
Both halfs moved around for a while.
They don't cycle in my Ruger MK 3

Just pick him up and release in the woods. It's just a snake, not a damn dragon.
yeah, what's the worst that could happen? It's not like it's venomous or anything!
6 Most Dangerous Snakes in Georgia
#4. Copperhead

Another viper, the Copperhead can be found almost everywhere in the state of Georgia. A Copperhead bite is almost never fatal to an adult but can still be very painful. They bite more people per year in the U.S. compared to any other snake. It is mostly active in the evening time. If you see one of these just step away because they are somewhat aggressive!

iI
I'd still use a shotgun... had the same situation in my neighborhood, homeowner missed and copperhead headed to a woodpile. Police were called by neighbors, homeowner was still outback with shotgun when the police arrived. She explained why she fired and pointed out where the snake was last seen. He returned to his car, grabbed his shotgun, and ended up killing the snake. No issues from anyone.

Yeppers. I'm using ratshot in a pistol or a 12 ga.

At most it's an ordinance violation, a ticket, no jail, and I'll take my chances telling it to the judge.

I shot a raccoon in broad daylight that was obviously ill, right one the edge of our cul-de-sac. Some "good citizen" called the cops to report a gun shot. I had already gone about my business when they showed up, I showed them the obviously diseased coon, and we all shook hands and went our ways.

Back
Top Bottom