• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What We Can Learn: Kazakhstan

With grocery stores not having stock rooms anymore and only having what's on the shelves it would take less time than most thing I believe. Most people I know have less than a weeks worth of food on hand at any given time.
I’d give it a couple hours. If a news broadcast put out a message along the lines of “after today the food supply will be cut in half or worse,” there would be an insane run on groceries and anyone that sold food would be emptied within a couple hours.

Watch how people act during Black Friday, or how people acted when gas was short for a couple days. People are ready to fight each other over trivial bull crap, imagine how they’ll act when they think they won’t be able to feed their kids. The blood won’t make it to the streets, it’ll be in the aisles.

Agreed.

I’d give it a couple hours. If a news broadcast put out a message along the lines of “after today the food supply will be cut in half or worse,” there would be an insane run on groceries and anyone that sold food would be emptied within a couple hours.

Watch how people act during Black Friday, or how people acted when gas was short for a couple days. People are ready to fight each other over trivial bull crap, imagine how they’ll act when they think they won’t be able to feed their kids. The blood won’t make it to the streets, it’ll be in the aisles.

I'll say it again. We run out of fuel (or even just diesel) so that trucks don't keep the grocery store shelves full and 72 hours is exactly what it will take for full societal breakdown.
And yes, unlike generations ago, there is no 'glue that binds' the country today. Infinite tribes, each one thinking they are owed.

Fuel makes the world go round.

I'll say it again. We run out of fuel (or even just diesel) so that trucks don't keep the grocery store shelves full and 72 hours is exactly what it will take for full societal breakdown.
And yes, unlike generations ago, there is no 'glue that binds' the country today. Infinite tribes, each one thinking they are owed.

Back
Top Bottom