• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What Would Happen If the Internet Went Down ... Forever?

I've got my first cell phone somewhere around here. In 1990 it was expensive as hell.
87270_tantalumvoxide-_istock_25293923.jpg

Meh, never gonna happen. There are so many redundancies built into the network backbone that it would be nearly impossible to take the Internet offline permanently. Now, can it be degraded or temporarily interrupted? Sure! It already has been but it recovered very quickly. There are constant denial of service attacks but again, they're mitigated very quickly, usually by automated means.

I can tell you how things could be very bad for us but I don't want to start a panic ;)

Meh, never gonna happen. There are so many redundancies built into the network backbone that it would be nearly impossible to take the Internet offline permanently. Now, can it be degraded or temporarily interrupted? Sure! It already has been but it recovered very quickly. There are constant denial of service attacks but again, they're mitigated very quickly, usually by automated means.

I can tell you how things could be very bad for us but I don't want to start a panic ;)
Please spill the beans, I like panics

Back
Top Bottom