• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What Would Happen If the Internet Went Down ... Forever?

There are a couple of ways to really slow the Internet down, one is poison the root DNS records. This wouldn't be easy but it can be done "from the inside".

The second is to mess with the BGP advertisements. This one I have first hand experience with, though again, it would have to be done from the inside from a valid ASN.
In either case, there will be localized to widespread slow-downs, outages or strange results but they can be recovered from pretty easily once it's identified.

What the hell did you just say....?

A return to the fax.... I bet most of you gave yours to the goodwill store right?

fax.jpg

There are a couple of ways to really slow the Internet down, one is poison the root DNS records. This wouldn't be easy but it can be done "from the inside". The second is to mess with the BGP advertisements. This one I have first hand experience with, though again, it would have to be done from the inside from a valid ASN. In either case, there will be localized to widespread slow-downs, outages or strange results but they can be recovered from pretty easily once it's identified.
What the hell did you just say....?
Don't worry about it. It's probably better you didn't understand, because then you would have been added to the same gubmint watch list as @ShawnZR-1 ..... :boink:

Back
Top Bottom