• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What would make a good Carry Gun??

K

Killerofmen

I am looking for a good carry gun that i can take with me on sales that i can just put in my belt something like that but still has some good power to it something in the 9mm range. i am looking to spend about $400 on a good gun and it has to be something that will not go off with bumps or jump so on. i hear some guns have 3 safety's on them where you can only fire the gun by pulling the trigger thats what i am looking for.

The gun you are speaking of with 3 safeties is probably a Glock, or one of the striker pin fired pistols. A lot of different manufacturers make them, SW, Glock, Springfield, etc. You might be able to find one used for around $400 (maybe), but you can get a new Glock for around $500 with standard sights if you price shop. I'm not trying to make this a debate thread, but Glock is probably the most popular.

i am new to hand guns i hear alot about glock what one would make a good carry gun as far as size and weight? used is fine i have $400 cash on me for a gun

Personally I carry a Bersa Thunder. It's a 380 which in the smallest caliber I would consider. It's easily concealable and you can pick up a good used one for $300 or less. Mostly less.

The Glock would be a fine choice of an all around pistol. For easy concealed carry, I'd recommend you look at the Kel-Tec P9. I've owned two of them, and let other folks talk me out of them. They're small, handy, reliable, and the accuracy is amazing. Yes, I'm looking for another. They're not target pistols by any means, but for a carry pistol that you'll hardly feel is there, I think you'll want to look at one. You can pick one up used in the $225.00~$250.00 range. A new one is around $300.00 at most shops around my area.

Back
Top Bottom