• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What would you do? Does the Law Apply?

If this happened to your child...what is the proper recourse

• 1) Take the law into my own hands. I will fill in the gap where the law doesn't apply

• 2) Civil Matter: Sue the school for liability. Didn't provide adequate protection for my child

• 3) Civil Matter: Sue the parents of the bullies for liability

• 4) Civil Matter: Oust the school superintendent or administrator for minimizing the situation

• 5) Take it to the capitol and change the law or create anti-bullying laws

• 6) Raise money, payoff the bills and move on

• 7) Tacos

• 8) I would be banned if I commented here on what my thoughts are

Results are only viewable after voting.
173   0
Reaction score
Here is a tidbit of a sad story in Texas. Sure, this isnt Texas but it could have been almost everywhere else. To what extent do we protect our kids?

Growing up, I've had my skirmishes and let's meet at the bike racks after school. Now a days, no one ride bikes and bullying takes it to a whole new level.

I've got kids in this age group and I'm speechless for once and dont know what to do or how to proceed. I find myself with different emotions each time I read this article.

What would you do? How do you apply the law?

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesma...ed-won-t-face-charges-KMIOIzhFT0Wnn0xCTA2Akw/

That makes my blood boil. I have two young boys and I stay up at night worrying about crap like this. We've already had minor incidents where a kids took one of my boys drink at lunch and threw it in the trash, another incident where a kid hit mine in the face. The school always says they'll "handle" it but I doubt the do much.

Honestly I'd probably have a violent response if I was in the shoes of the parents in the article. My wife doesn't like my responses to when stuff happens to my kids at school. She's more passive than I. She's a turn the other cheek believer, and I'm an eye for an eye believer.

2, 3 and 4.

2-That would never happen if my child was in my care, so it's your fault if it happens when they are in your care.
3-If you raise little thugs, you pay the price.
4-My kid unconscious on the floor is a BIG F'n DEAL! If you don't understand that, you should not be in the job at all.

This could have been fatal for the kid. If this happened to my kid, I don't know how I would react.
2, 3 and 4.

2-That would never happen if my child was in my care, so it's your fault if it happens when they are in your care.
3-If you raise little thugs, you pay the price.
4-My kid unconscious on the floor is a BIG F'n DEAL! If you don't understand that, you should not be in the job at all.
Pretty much what I was thinking. I know the teachers can't watch kids every minute of the school day, but this can't be first time these kids were acting like this.

Back
Top Bottom