• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What would you do if you were in this situation?

Rbs

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
47   0
Reaction score
What would you do if you, as an armed citizen, got into this sitation? CLICK MEEE

I would probably run and zig zag for my life until im clear unless I get cornered then id probably engage :pray2:

Not much info there, other than it was multiple assailants.

My wallet and car keys are not worth anything close to my life.
They can have them.

Not much info there, other than it was multiple assailants.

My wallet and car keys are not worth anything close to my life.
They can have them.

True, but if some random joe has a barrel in my direction telling me to hand over the goods I already assume im dead. I have read and heard of cases where handing over the goods the bad guy still kills.

Its in the movies too! :rolleyes:

METT-T and be flexible.

http://www.armystudyguide.com/content/Leadersbook_information/Combat_Leaders_Guide/plan-factors-of-mettt-2.shtml

I was taught to do three things shoot, move and communicate. It's been polished up a bit:

i39.tinypic.com_spulgi.gif

Last edited:
You can't out draw a drawn gun. That's the biggest factor. Your car keys and wallet ain't worth your life. Verbal judo, compliance,and constantly assess the situation. If you have a window, use it. If your not the one being attacked, high ready and seek cover/concealment and try to unass the situation.

Well thought out, disciplined but unpredictable realistic "force-on force" training put on by experienced Instructors emphasizing everything from situational awareness, recognizing predatory behavior & posture and how to deal with it to what to do & say after the fight is over is some of the best training available to "manage" real life events.

As has been said many times, "You can not form a plan in the middle of a fight."

The better your training, the greater your chances of prevailing in a violent encounter.
The weaker your training, the luckier you have to be to even survive.

Back
Top Bottom