• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What y'all think about 8mm Mauser Turkish ammo?

AC-130 Above

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
152   0
Reaction score
I've been reading online that it can be dangerous to shoot in semi auto's but OK to shoot in bolt actions... What experiences have yall had in the past with WW2 era and after Turkish 8mm? The price is right

I'd try to find some (there was an ad here for a while) Yugo surplus, 1950-52, brass case, lead core copper jacketed ammo. It's great to shoot and I used to pull the bullets and reduce charge weight by 15% then reseat the bullet and crimp for use in my G43 semi auto rifle.

All mine are may pops. But I also buy all the old Iranian 8mm I can find and pull the the powder and projectile. I can typically get it cheaper then just buying projectiles because it's such crap ammo. The turkish stuff is ok and most do go off I've never heard of it's stock cracking abilities. Make sure your action screws are tight and test your flinch factor with them. Hang fires can be a fun kind of scary!

just hard to pass on this deal so much ammo for so little money. I've bought some in the past and it has come in looking great
Just remember the old adage. If it looks to good to be true, it probably is. I got some Malaysian stuff a couple years ago and it was garbage. Wouldn't hit the same spot twice if you paid it. Went back to Hornady and can send one through the last one's hole.

Back
Top Bottom