• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WHAT YALL THINK

Eh, they both burn gasoline, have two tires, two seats, a radio, and are blue, but those two bikes are VERY different things.
Well one is blue and one is black but you are correct they are different but they are both touring bikes. My pops had a gold wing shaft drive, traveled all over the U.S. and to Canada multiple times. He loved his gold wing because to him it was a smoother bike. Every time I ride mine to visit he said he wished he would have got one before he got to old. No issues going to the keys or Sturgis for me. Riders on both bikes have their limits.

Yowzer, you done gone and done it now.

By the way, the buyer sets the price, even if it is for 1940s tech.

I still wonder if the stereos on street glides do t come with volume control and if they are set to only play crappy 80s light rock. Every damn time, “Roxanne!” turned up to 11 at 35 MPH as they go by.

Got Dayum!! I hate these mother****ers more than anything! Makes me immediately think of that south park episode.

Well one is blue and one is black but you are correct they are different but they are both touring bikes. My pops had a gold wing shaft drive, traveled all over the U.S. and to Canada multiple times. He loved his gold wing because to him it was a smoother bike. Every time I ride mine to visit he said he wished he would have got one before he got to old. No issues going to the keys or Sturgis for me. Riders on both bikes have their limits.

The Goldwing is the pinnacle of motorcycle engineering and technology demanded by riders who want the smoothest, most reliable, most capable machine on the road. The Harley is the pinnacle of an early 1900s motorcycle engineering mistake, paused from advancements by riders who enjoy the nostalgia of the machine as much and most times more than the capabilities. Harley riders demand the engineering mistake of the single crankshaft 45 degree Vtwin remain in place because even though it robs the bike of power, performance, fuel economy, and reliability, it just isn't a Harley without that famous "potato potato potato."

And seriously, they both looked very blue on my phone. I can clearly see the most American made motorcycle on the market is blue, and the Harley is black.

The Goldwing is the pinnacle of motorcycle engineering and technology demanded by riders who want the smoothest, most reliable, most capable machine on the road. The Harley is the pinnacle of an early 1900s motorcycle engineering mistake, paused from advancements by riders who enjoy the nostalgia of the machine as much and most times more than the capabilities. Harley riders demand the engineering mistake of the single crankshaft 45 degree Vtwin remain in place because even though it robs the bike of power, performance, fuel economy, and reliability, it just isn't a Harley without that famous "potato potato potato."

And seriously, they both looked very blue on my phone. I can clearly see the most American made motorcycle on the market is blue, and the Harley is black.
I believe the gold wing has a single crankshaft and I guess you do not realize how many manufactures of motorcycles produce a V twin. Evidently you have never put seat time on a Harley.

Just as easy you can find unhappy gold wing owners all over the internet just like with any other bike manufacturer.

"The new Goldwing has some great features to it, handles superbly and it is a pleasure to ride. But I feel that Honda has shamed themselves with the infotainment system they have provided forcing many owners to add on their own aftermarket systems. The GPS system crashes frequently, the sound system is vastly inferior to the previous generation GL1800 and there have been no map updates in 2 years. I am sure that Honda is aware of these issues but as an owner we have no news that they are addressing them."

Below is a sample of the Harley antiquated 1900 engineering mistakes:

ABS, Front / Rear - 32 mm, 4-piston fixed, Front Type - Dual floating rotors, Rear Type - Fixed rotor and Electronic Linked Braking (ELB)

Length95.7 in. and Weight - 853 lb. (387 kg)

Primary Drive Belt, 34/46 ratio

Instrumentation Gauges - Gauges styled to complement each vehicle. Display features odometer, trip A, trip B, range to empty and gear indicator; and larger tell-tale indicators Lighting Lights (as per country regulation), headlamp, tail / stop / front signal8 - LED 40W, 1,060 lumen low beam, 60W, 1560 lumen high beam, 8W / 28W tail / stop, front signal lights and rear turn signals

Infotainment system - Boom!™ Box GTS, Type - Full Color TFT and Screen size - 6.5 in.

Watts Per Channel – 25, Speakers – 4 and Speaker Size - 5.25 in. standard

Headset , AM / FM - Standard, Weather Band (WB) – Standard, SD Card, Flash Drive and MP3 - via USB Connection - Supported, SiriusXM Presets - 20 - P&A Upgrade (USA & Canada only), Hands-free Mobile Phone - via Bluetooth - Standard

Vehicle Information Screen (Air temperature, oil pressure and EITMS) - Standard

USB - USB/MTP/iPod/iPhone, Bluetooth - Phone / Media Supported and Voice Recognition Languages - Phone functions only, Tuner / Media / Navigation and Text-to-Speech - English (US/UK), German, Spanish (Mexico/Spain), French (Canada/France), Italian, Portuguese (Portugal/Brazil), Russian, Czech, Polish, Dutch, Turkish, Japanese, Korean, Chinese (Simplified), Siamese (Thai), Bahasa (Indonesian), Arabic

Engine Milwaukee-Eight® 1141Displacement1,868 cc (114 cu. in.)

Bore x Stroke4.016 x 4.5 in. (102 x 114.3 mm) Torque 118 ft. lb. (160 Nm)2 @ 3,250 rpm

Compression Ratio10.5:1Gear Ratio

Fuel System - Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)3Exhaust2-1-2 dual with tapered mufflers

Fuel Capacity 6 gal / MPG - 43 mpg

Rear Suspension Shocks - Premium Low Hand-AdjustableRake26°

Trail6.8 in. (173 mm) Fork Front - 49 mm Dual Bending Valve Includes

Security System – Standard, Cruise Control – Standard, Premium Radio – Standard and Cargo Capacity/Luggage - 2.7 cu. ft. (0.071 m3)

And in closing we could both go back and forth on which bike is better, which bike it is you or I ride but to me it doesn't matter. Come join our group (Bring your wife-Ours ride) for a ride and we even have a Gold Wing in the group. I can promise you will have a great time. Honestly, it's not about which bike you ride but the adventures you complete on the bike that matters.

Back
Top Bottom