• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's a good combat/duty belt that goes well with just underwear

So, can we get back on track? I'll have on my pants, but I have a hard time with them staying up even with the weight of my carry, so I too am interested in a belt rig not dependent on belt loops.

On 2 occasions I have worked a “home invasion” that wasn’t what it seemed. In both instances, it was after midnight, and before sunrise.

In the first incident, the elderly WWII USN vet that lived down the road was suffering from dementia. Went for a walk at 2am, came “back” home, and tried to enter the wrong house, thinking it was his. He was able to make it inside the house, with the homeowner barricaded in her bedroom.

In the second instance, the neighbor’s teenage daughter was out partying and partaking of various substances. During the evening, she lost her purse. She also went to the wrong house, with her boyfriend, knocked a window pane out of the back door, unlocked the door, and turned on the TV in the living. Then they both fell asleep/passed out on the couch.

On 2 occasions I have worked a “home invasion” that wasn’t what it seemed. In both instances, it was after midnight, and before sunrise.

In the first incident, the elderly WWII USN vet that lived down the road was suffering from dementia. Went for a walk at 2am, came “back” home, and tried to enter the wrong house, thinking it was his. He was able to make it inside the house, with the homeowner barricaded in her bedroom.

In the second instance, the neighbor’s teenage daughter was out partying and partaking of various substances. During the evening, she lost her purse. She also went to the wrong house, with her boyfriend, knocked a window pane out of the back door, unlocked the door, and turned on the TV in the living. Then they both fell asleep/passed out on the couch.

cmshoot cmshoot Had something like you describe happen on our street back in the '80s. A guy got in a neighbor's house and woke him and his family up rumaging through their kitchen cabinets. When the neighbor asked him what he was doing, he said that he was looking for the enemy. The sheriffs office came and got him without anyone getting shot. I think your point about these situations not always being what they seem is important to remember. Our neighbor could have shot him, but the guy was just intoxicated (or dopey), not a threat.

cmshoot cmshoot Had something like you describe happen on our street back in the '80s. A guy got in a neighbor's house and woke him and his family up rumaging through their kitchen cabinets. When the neighbor asked him what he was doing, he said that he was looking for the enemy. The sheriffs office came and got him without anyone getting shot. I think your point about these situations not always being what they seem is important to remember. Our neighbor could have shot him, but the guy was just intoxicated (or dopey), not a threat.

That's not my situation. If someone is in my house, it's no accident.

5/8 th's manila rope, loop pretied for your waist, square knot, not granny. A second piece that goes from front to back at a diagonal, if your right handed it should go from right rear to left front, and opposite if left handed. You can attach holster, mag pouches etc anywhere, get creative chest, belly or side are all possible holster locations, those key ring thingys come it lots of sizes and are easy to attach to a rope strand, that covers grenades, magazines, lights etc.. On the side that has no holster attach a cut down 1 litre plastic bottle with duct tape and or wire and it's the perfect place for a 16 oz glass coke bottle molatov cocktail.

After you've settled on armament comes the truly genius part, suspend the rig from hooks in the ceiling and the lightest fishing line that will hold it. Then all you have to do is stand, put your head thru and move, the rig breaks away, no buckels, no clasps, no belts loops, nothing but ready for war and as a bonus that scratchy ass rope will ensure your completely awake.

Back
Top Bottom