• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's a good fish when you don't like fish?

Grill that swordfish next time, it’s probably my favorite. Skinless snapper and grouper aren’t fishy. Grilled ahi is another good one. I’d stay away from anything farmed raised, with talapia being at the top of the list and salmon a close second. I like pretty much most fish but can’t stand talapia and only very rarely will I enjoy wild salmon, just not my thing I guess. Cod is good if you just want something that tastes like whatever you season it with.

In the meat department at Walmart: They carry Salmon and Steelhead Trout, vacuum sealed fresh, never frozen. Both are mild fish, with an edge to the trout.

Put it in tinfoil with some lemon and garlic butter, put it on the grill for 8 to 10 minutes (or bake it in the oven).

Also, to acclimate a bit to fish flavor, you might try some sandwiches made with canned tuna, but instead of mixing in just mayo, use 1/2 mayo and 1/2 horseradish mustard.

Last point I'll make: You want to be healthier? Eliminate carbs (sugar most of all), and not fat, from your diet.

Also, to acclimate a bit to fish flavor, you might try some sandwiches made with canned tuna, but instead of mixing in just mayo, use 1/2 mayo and 1/2 horseradish mustard.

Last point I'll make: You want to be healthier? Eliminate carbs (sugar most of all), and not fat, from your diet.

I do enjoy a good tuna salad. I like onions, boiled eggs, relish and apple in mine.

Carbs are my arch nemesis. Can't seem to give up potatoes, bread and pastas.

I just had my 49th birthday Monday. 49 years of unhealthy living/eating are catching up w/ me. So I have been trying to eat healthier as of late. Last night I pan seared some swordfish and couldn't eat it. I don't like fish unless it's battered and fried. What is a non fishy fish for those of us trying to do a little better?
Trout for the win. Not fishey tasting, light and tasty with the right seasoning. Or just plain salt and pepper and some lemon. you can bake it or broil it.

Tuna in a can.

Tilapia is the chicken of the sea. It's one of the fish they make imitation crab meat out of. It is the flavor of what you cook it with.

Have you considered other healthier meats? I don't like fish either. I eat almost no red meat now because of my cholesterol. We use ground turkey in a lot of our meals. It's a little different in flavor, but I prefer it over ground beef now. But a good fatty hamburger is order every now and then.

Have you considered other healthier meats? I don't like fish either. I eat almost no red meat now because of my cholesterol. We use ground turkey in a lot of our meals. It's a little different in flavor, but I prefer it over ground beef now. But a good fatty hamburger is order every now and then.

Haven't really thought much about it... I have used ground turkey before in exchange of beef. I'll look into doing that again.

Back
Top Bottom