• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's considered rough seas (pics of fish added)

DADI03

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
97   0
Reaction score
https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/MIAOFFNT4.shtml

I'm figuring I can get some good info from the Salt Life crew around here.

I've tried the google thing and can't really determine how bad it's going to be. I'm going deep sea fishing this Saturday. It's calling for 2-4 ft seas. We'll be in a 53' boat. From what I can read/tell it looks like there is something brewing in the Miami area and headed towards where we'll be fishing, we're leaving from the Destin area. I know I will get sick which is fine I'm just trying to figure out how sick. I've been out quite a few times and only not been sick once, sometimes were better than others though. I've attached a link for the forecast.

I predict various shades of green, yellow and maybe purple for your face. Take some Dramamine

That's s no brainer for me. I'll start it on Thursday to start getting it into my system. I learned a long time ago that taking it the morning of means its puked out before it's in my system

we were in some 9 foot stuff in the gulf once.You puke everything but your butt in em,only time I ever got sick

From my experience, 2 to 4 foot swells will probably make you feel like you are going to be sick, but you can probably get through it. Any larger, or if the sea is choppy, then count on throwing up most every thing you have eaten for the last 3 days! lol Take the medication available, and try to enjoy the trip. As a last resort, if you get too sick, see if the Captain will let you get in the water for a couple of minutes. I have seen that ease the nausea, but it did not work for me.

Back
Top Bottom