• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's considered rough seas (pics of fish added)

2 to 4 is a guess. The gulf gets really calm during the summer. Having said that, it only takes about ten minutes to blow up. If you are fishing down towards the Florida Straight, it wont likely be 2ft. Get some scopolamine from the Dr. and enjoy your fishing. Light m up!

2-4 is nothing. I run in 2-3' seas in my 20' CC all the time. You'll be fine.... unless u get motion sick easily
Oh yeah, those forecast are notoriously unreliable. I've gone out when NOAA says 1-2and it's 4' rollers all day. Also, unless you're going way out to the nipple or elbow... I predict somewhat calm seas. Are you going bottom fishing or hitting the rigs for the big stuff?.

The only thing that helps my sea sickness is alcohol. It really helps, and I must drink it if I am feeling queasy. All those sailors throughout the centuries were not wrong. And to be honest, I very rarely take a drink, and never more than one or two drinks, but if I am going out on the ocean the Turkey 101 is going with me.

Depends. 4ft @4seconds tough. 4ft @ 10-12 seconds easy peesy.

I tried to find the spacing but couldn't

2-4 is nothing. I run in 2-3' seas in my 20' CC all the time. You'll be fine.... unless u get motion sick easily

I've been known to. A little throwing up doesn't bother me though

Oh yeah, those forecast are notoriously unreliable. I've gone out when NOAA says 1-2and it's 4' rollers all day. Also, unless you're going way out to the nipple or elbow... I predict somewhat calm seas. Are you going bottom fishing or hitting the rigs for the big stuff?.

We're bottom fishing. This is the 3rd time out with this captain. We always fill our coolers. Mostly amber, red, and grouper. Reds are out of season right now though.

The only thing that helps my sea sickness is alcohol. It really helps, and I must drink it if I am feeling queasy. All those sailors throughout the centuries were not wrong. And to be honest, I very rarely take a drink, and never more than one or two drinks, but if I am going out on the ocean the Turkey 101 is going with me.

Me and alchohol on a boat don't mix well. I've tried that one before.

Back
Top Bottom