• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's considered rough seas (pics of fish added)

I missed this last week, glad you had fun!
My next door neighbor would rent/ charter a boat every year from the keys to the Bahamas.
What a GUY trip! 6-8 guys for a week to 10 days snorkeling, diving, fishing and cooking fresh fish on the 45 ft. sailboat (1st year).
Storm blew up on my first trip, 20-25 foot waves in a 45' boat & there is NO horizon. lol
3 ex navy guys on board, everybody blew chunks on that trip but one guy.
He thought I was hilarious, I'd be cracking jokes turn green and over the side my head would go... 5 seconds later I was laughing again.
He got great at predicting it, I would be talking about "I think I am done" he would say, nope not yet and start the countdown... 10, 9, 8, I seldom made it to 0 :)
I found out that day the BEST thing in the world to throw up is apples, they kept feeding me apples (for hours) so I wouldn't get dehydrated and warm applesauce is kinda pleasant to puke. :puke: :pound: The seas were so bad we got lined up on the wrong lighthouse and ran aground on a reef, bent the rudder, lost a day waiting to be rescued from shark hunters. The coast guard would NOT come out in the worst of it to get us, swamped 5 boats heading into the port we were going to that night. The rest of the week was GREAT, one in a million storm they said, lucky me :) I went one more time (to make up for my first trip) with him in a 55' cabin Cruiser no issues.:thumb:

20190915_060243.jpg
20190915_060547.jpg
20190915_121631.jpg
20190915_120029.jpg
20190915_121743.jpg

Here we go. I caught 2 AJ and 3 or 4 snappers. I had something real big. Had it close enough to flash a couple times. But it took the line. The captain was pissed. He thought the deck hand let it go under the boat. It didnt though. The drag started screaming and then it popped. There's my one fish tail lol
One pic of a little red in the sky in the morning. Should of known better. Lol

View attachment 2283287 View attachment 2283288 View attachment 2283290 View attachment 2283291 View attachment 2283292

Here we go. I caught 2 AJ and 3 or 4 snappers. I had something real big. Had it close enough to flash a couple times. But it took the line. The captain was pissed. He thought the deck hand let it go under the boat. It didnt though. The drag started screaming and then it popped. There's my one fish tail lol
One pic of a little red in the sky in the morning. Should of known better. Lol
That boat appears to be a Resmondo. If so, they are custom built specifically for the Gulf of Mexico. That's about as comfortable as you can get imho. Looks like a great time and some big AJ's!

That boat appears to be a Resmondo. If so, they are custom built specifically for the Gulf of Mexico. That's about as comfortable as you can get imho. Looks like a great time and some big AJ's!

This is my third time out on this boat. The captain is newish. It used to be run by his dad. He puts you on the fish and stays on the first mate to keep the hooks in the water for sure. The kid I the red shirt was 14 years old and was Johnny on the spot when you needed something. He worked his but off and had the boat spotless when we left top to bottom. The boat is pretty comfortable and well set up. It just need a little suspension on it while we were out.

Back
Top Bottom