• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's everyones fascination with shooting at 1000+yards?

I've been in the middle of more than one "reminisce" when I look around and realize that I've totally misread my audience.
Now that I think about it I totally should have stood up and high fived that crazy mofo. ;)

www.reactiongifs.com_r_tghf.gif

Great. I'm not a hunter, so I claim the ignorance award.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

You said you didn't hunt but would like to, so I wanted to assure you that your milsurps are truly as good as anything in the Ga woods. Many old timers used milsurp rifles, and plenty of guys are still using them. Heck, the Garand is .30/06. There is nothing more iconic to deer hunting in the past 70+ years than a .30/06.

My Dad's first deer rifle was a .303 British he bought for $10.

Hey that's cool. I've heard guys talk about deer rifle weights, lugging thru the forest, etc., I just assumed wrong.. my bad. But yeah, I hear ya. My Garand or Carbine would do the job just fine. Heck, an SKS would be a good one to take out there too.

Hey that's cool. I've heard guys talk about deer rifle weights, lugging thru the forest, etc., I just assumed wrong.. my bad. But yeah, I hear ya. My Garand or Carbine would do the job just fine. Heck, an SKS would be a good one to take out there too.

One friend of mine has hunted with an SKS since 1990. He has taken a slew of deer with that thing.

Depending on how far you plan to walk, obviously a lighter rifle is easier for long walks. I have hunted mostly with a BAR for the past 28 years, and it is a heavy mother. I've walked many miles with it, though...

You would probably be surprised how many guys are hunting with Mosins these days. They are cheap, but accurate, and 54R is lethal.

Bypass Bypass I must have confused you with someone else here on the ODT. My apologies. I don't always keep usernames straight with things they've posted in the past.

I wasn't in Iraq or Afghanistan, my combat experiences go back a bit further than that. Philippines, Mogadishu, Liberia.

two different ROEs, heck in 2007 if they had a pipe on a scooter they were fair game, not so in 2009. Philippines was a free for all

So just kill everybody with a weapon who looks like he might be a bad guy? Sorry bro that's what I'm talking about. And that is how you start wars. You know I love you man but I disagree with killing people that aren't actively trying to kill me.
So if you saw an enemy soldier in uniform, you would not engage them unless they fired on you first?

So if you saw an enemy soldier in uniform, you would not engage them unless they fired on you first?
If they were Germans in WW2 they would be dead as dirt. Sadly we don't have those kind of wars where identifying the enemy is easy.

BTW how are you UGA fans liking Kirby Smart? I told you he would make a world of difference in your team.

Roll Tide!!!

Back
Top Bottom