• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's everyones fascination with shooting at 1000+yards?

anim_sniper2.gif
..........................................................ONE MILE................................................................ :faint:

Fixed it for you.
Awesome MEME man!!! LOL

Alright I guess I can see the challenge to it but I still say nobody would have ever thought of shooting to a grand without that scene from Lethal weapon. ;)

Craziness. Finding places to do it will be the limiting factor.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Maybe only out West where the plains are wide open. Some of the YouTube guys seem to be on great huge ranges out there.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

You got the bike you were talking about a week or so ago? Or something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got the Harley. The one I can't figure out how to ride. I'm skeered to take it on the main road and I can't quite get down low speed turns with it.

It's a skill, and ya can't have too many. Shooting is a mental sport; shooting at 1,000yds + will make you a better shooter at 500-600yds. When you figure out that you can hit reliably at 1k, everything else under that becomes easier mentally.

Different folks have different reasons. Most don't think they can do it.....until they do!

It's a fallacy that you cannot idea your target as friend or foe at 1,000yds. At 1,000yds with a 5-25x NF I can see the bolts hanging the target.

The experience of hitting in the black at 600yds the first time with an old K31 with clamp-on scope mount and $175 scope I liken to the first time I did a motorcycle track day and was able to drag my knee through a corner.

Both times giggled like a school girl...

Back
Top Bottom