• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Whats For Lunch On Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only get gassy when I eat 2 pounds of my ground sirloin/Bush’s baked beans chuck.

The frozen microwave entrees are long on flavor and short on protein. Adding a few hard boiled eggs evens everything out.

When I’m king I’m a gonna make everyone eat more hard boiled eggs. They are sooo good for a feller.

If you catch me drinking sometime I’ll tell you how to cook hard boiled eggs so the shells come off real easy.
Pouring ice cold water on top of them while their hot?

Message_1527008189492.jpg

Easy peel hard boiled eggs:

1. Let your eggs age for a couple of weeks in your refrigerator. This causes them to shrink inside the shell a little. (I cook 18 at a time, and always have 18 or 36 aging in the frig; they won’t go bad in the frig for months. The expiry dates are very long).

2. Put just enough water in the pot to keep the eggs covered. Measure an egg on its side up your finger. That same Distance up your finger is all the water you need in the pot, before you add anything else.

3. BEFORE you put the eggs in the water, pour 1/2 cup of cheap white vinegar into the pot, and stir it in to the pot water. The vinegar helps separate the shells. If you add the vinegar after you put the eggs in the pot, it won’t soak in to the shells and work it’s magic.

4. Put the eggs in the cold vinegar water. Turn the heat on, on high. Cover. Set your phone timer for 16 minutes. Cut the heat off at 16 minutes.

5. If you let them cool in the hot water they might overcook a little, and give you that green layer on the yolk, but that’s no big deal. If you rinse them immediately, they should be about perfect. Either way, if you age your eggs and then put the vinegar in the water first, the shells should come right off when you peel them. Peeling them under running water makes it even easier.

Keeping a bowl of hard boiled eggs in the frig will help anyone with their diet. You can eat all you want. Low glycemic uptake and plenty of protein. Just don’t put salt on them before you eat them. Added salt makes a feller swell up like a tick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom