• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Whats goin on?

SamSamson

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
107   1
Reaction score
Ive been looking for some P226 9mm mags on a couple sites today and it appears that theres a 10 round limit now. Optics planet said the others are restricted to LE & Military. Has something happened that I havent heard of yet??

Location for OpticsPlanet

Here’s OpticsPlanet’s official statement:

When there’s smoke, there’s often fire. But sometimes – smoke is just smoke.

We fully understand how the email featured in the article on The Truth About Gunssuggests that we may have made a decision to limit the sales of magazines over 10 rounds due to the recent tragedy in Parkland, Florida. Before we go any further, we want to make it clear that our condolences go to the families of all of the victims, and that our hearts go out to a community trying to recover after a senseless event.

At OpticsPlanet, we have never used the inflamed tensions and emotions of current events to drive decision making. Our support of the 2nd amendment is made undeniably clear by the products we offer. We are one of the few online retailers who never stopped offering completely legal products such as bump stocks or binary triggers, when many did. We do not raise prices during frenzies. We do, however, follow the laws and make adjustments when legally required.

In this case, insufficient internal communication led to a misread message. We are not offering magazines with capacities greater than 10 rounds to the general public due to our location in Northbrook, Illinois, and local laws that limit our ability to sell these. Being an internet retailer serving fifty states can be complex at times, and frankly, our location in Illinois only adds to this complexity. We may not always like the law, but we need to follow it.

We own up to the fact that we did not explain this well internally, which led to an unclear message given to the customer, but we can completely repudiate any notion that this is a reaction to any recent event or the political climate. Unfortunately, our loyal customer base is best served by purchasing their magazines from retailers in “free” states. This issue is currently out of our hands. We’re committed to working hard to retain your business for everything else you need.

It’s unfortunate that this issue has created so much confusion, and we apologize for not providing clearer messaging in the first place. We continue to support our passionate customer community as we have for the past eighteen years in every way we can.

Optics Planet and some other vendors have cowered to gun control groups and stopped selling all high cap magazines. If you check you will also find they no longer sell 30rd AR mags. All mags are still available in the marketplace as has been in the past, some weak emotional cowards are giving in to the gun control groups in what they now carry. I for one am willing to pay a little extra to a vendor that still carries a full line of products.

Optics Planet and some other vendors have cowered to gun control groups and stopped selling all high cap magazines. If you check you will also find they no longer sell 30rd AR mags. All mags are still available in the marketplace as has been in the past, some weak emotional cowards are giving in to the gun control groups in what they now carry. I for one am willing to pay a little extra to a vendor that still carries a full line of products.

You need to read the post before yours. It aint rocket science.

Is that the case or are they just following the law of where they are? The statement they made about other vendors being in a "Free State" kind of makes me think they are forced to do what they are doing per law. I bet, if that is the case, they will relocate.

Thanks for the feedback, I was seeing 15 -20 round mags for my 9mm Sig just 2 weeks ago. What a Bunch-O-Crap. Thanks Kahrnut for the links, Optics Planet, some on Ebay, and a few more are showing 10 rounders only.

Back
Top Bottom